Blog: Aussie wine - From nowhere to nirvana
James Wilmore | 14 November 2012
How did the Australian wine industry change itself from an ignored laughing stock into world beaters?
A thoroughly enjoyable BBC4 documentary - 'Chateau Chunder: When Australian Wine Changed the World' - sought to answer that question last night. Marketing seemed to be the key... and producing damn fine wine. The whistle-stop history tour was a mixture of the serious, the silly and the surreal (no doubt inspired by the title's reference to a Monty Python sketch). Definitely worth a watch, if you missed it.
Click here for access.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends