Blog: Aussie wine - From nowhere to nirvana
James Wilmore | 14 November 2012
How did the Australian wine industry change itself from an ignored laughing stock into world beaters?
A thoroughly enjoyable BBC4 documentary - 'Chateau Chunder: When Australian Wine Changed the World' - sought to answer that question last night. Marketing seemed to be the key... and producing damn fine wine. The whistle-stop history tour was a mixture of the serious, the silly and the surreal (no doubt inspired by the title's reference to a Monty Python sketch). Definitely worth a watch, if you missed it.
Click here for access.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l