Blog: Aussie wine - From nowhere to nirvana
James Wilmore | 14 November 2012
How did the Australian wine industry change itself from an ignored laughing stock into world beaters?
A thoroughly enjoyable BBC4 documentary - 'Chateau Chunder: When Australian Wine Changed the World' - sought to answer that question last night. Marketing seemed to be the key... and producing damn fine wine. The whistle-stop history tour was a mixture of the serious, the silly and the surreal (no doubt inspired by the title's reference to a Monty Python sketch). Definitely worth a watch, if you missed it.
Click here for access.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research