Blog: At last - it's Wine Idol
Olly Wehring | 1 March 2007
It was only a matter of time, I suppose. The explosion of reality television around the world has finally come to the drinks industry.
The Wine Makers, a series spread over six one-hour episodes, is coming to the US later this year.
The press release paints the scene better than I ever could: “The stakes are high as this diverse group of men and women are plunged head first into one of the world’s most uniquely challenging yet rewarding professions,” it reads.
“The 12 contestants, chosen from an initial pool of over 600 applicants, will experience every aspect of the wine industry from viticulture and enology to sales and marketing - but only one will be chosen to create and launch their own wine label.”
Is it too late to send in my application? I’m quite tempted to get a feel for “one of the world’s most uniquely challenging yet rewarding professions”.
Any of you winemakers fancy a jobswap for a month or so?
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
It is with great sadness that I announce that just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, will be leaving us next month....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets