Blog: At last - it's Wine Idol
Olly Wehring | 1 March 2007
It was only a matter of time, I suppose. The explosion of reality television around the world has finally come to the drinks industry.
The Wine Makers, a series spread over six one-hour episodes, is coming to the US later this year.
The press release paints the scene better than I ever could: “The stakes are high as this diverse group of men and women are plunged head first into one of the world’s most uniquely challenging yet rewarding professions,” it reads.
“The 12 contestants, chosen from an initial pool of over 600 applicants, will experience every aspect of the wine industry from viticulture and enology to sales and marketing - but only one will be chosen to create and launch their own wine label.”
Is it too late to send in my application? I’m quite tempted to get a feel for “one of the world’s most uniquely challenging yet rewarding professions”.
Any of you winemakers fancy a jobswap for a month or so?
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research