Blog: Around the world in 60 pubs
Olly Wehring | 7 November 2007
A round-the-world pub crawl, spanning 11 worldwide destinations across four continents, is set to kick off next March.
Australian touring company Thirsty Swagman said today (7 November) that the 'Around the World in 60 Pubs' tour will offer travellers a month-long party, across London, Munich, Prague, Reykjavik, Dusseldorf, Maria Alm in Austria, Phuket, Auckland and Queenstown in New Zealand, Honolulu and Cancun.
The crawl, beginning in London in March, will be “the ultimate adventure to the finest nightlife destinations on earth, without any boring sightseeing or early wakeups," according to Thirsty Swagman founder Kenneth Hart.
Hart added: "Those who embark on this journey will have a story to tell for life. Nothing even close to this has ever been done before, anywhere or anytime."
The package is inclusive of flights from London, three-star accommodation including breakfast, all land-based transportation, entry to pubs and bars with discount drinks at some, video production, t-shirts, and an official certificate for completing the round-the-world pub crawl.
The event will be priced at AUS$11,900 (US$11,172).
Thirsty Swagman may be interested to know that just-drinks would be happy to cover this event in a journalistic capacity. Reluctant, of course, but happy all the same.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits