Blog: Around the world in 60 pubs
Olly Wehring | 7 November 2007
A round-the-world pub crawl, spanning 11 worldwide destinations across four continents, is set to kick off next March.
Australian touring company Thirsty Swagman said today (7 November) that the 'Around the World in 60 Pubs' tour will offer travellers a month-long party, across London, Munich, Prague, Reykjavik, Dusseldorf, Maria Alm in Austria, Phuket, Auckland and Queenstown in New Zealand, Honolulu and Cancun.
The crawl, beginning in London in March, will be “the ultimate adventure to the finest nightlife destinations on earth, without any boring sightseeing or early wakeups," according to Thirsty Swagman founder Kenneth Hart.
Hart added: "Those who embark on this journey will have a story to tell for life. Nothing even close to this has ever been done before, anywhere or anytime."
The package is inclusive of flights from London, three-star accommodation including breakfast, all land-based transportation, entry to pubs and bars with discount drinks at some, video production, t-shirts, and an official certificate for completing the round-the-world pub crawl.
The event will be priced at AUS$11,900 (US$11,172).
Thirsty Swagman may be interested to know that just-drinks would be happy to cover this event in a journalistic capacity. Reluctant, of course, but happy all the same.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends