Blog: Around the world in 60 pubs
Olly Wehring | 7 November 2007
A round-the-world pub crawl, spanning 11 worldwide destinations across four continents, is set to kick off next March.
Australian touring company Thirsty Swagman said today (7 November) that the 'Around the World in 60 Pubs' tour will offer travellers a month-long party, across London, Munich, Prague, Reykjavik, Dusseldorf, Maria Alm in Austria, Phuket, Auckland and Queenstown in New Zealand, Honolulu and Cancun.
The crawl, beginning in London in March, will be “the ultimate adventure to the finest nightlife destinations on earth, without any boring sightseeing or early wakeups," according to Thirsty Swagman founder Kenneth Hart.
Hart added: "Those who embark on this journey will have a story to tell for life. Nothing even close to this has ever been done before, anywhere or anytime."
The package is inclusive of flights from London, three-star accommodation including breakfast, all land-based transportation, entry to pubs and bars with discount drinks at some, video production, t-shirts, and an official certificate for completing the round-the-world pub crawl.
The event will be priced at AUS$11,900 (US$11,172).
Thirsty Swagman may be interested to know that just-drinks would be happy to cover this event in a journalistic capacity. Reluctant, of course, but happy all the same.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends