Blog: Around the world in 60 pubs
Olly Wehring | 7 November 2007
A round-the-world pub crawl, spanning 11 worldwide destinations across four continents, is set to kick off next March.
Australian touring company Thirsty Swagman said today (7 November) that the 'Around the World in 60 Pubs' tour will offer travellers a month-long party, across London, Munich, Prague, Reykjavik, Dusseldorf, Maria Alm in Austria, Phuket, Auckland and Queenstown in New Zealand, Honolulu and Cancun.
The crawl, beginning in London in March, will be “the ultimate adventure to the finest nightlife destinations on earth, without any boring sightseeing or early wakeups," according to Thirsty Swagman founder Kenneth Hart.
Hart added: "Those who embark on this journey will have a story to tell for life. Nothing even close to this has ever been done before, anywhere or anytime."
The package is inclusive of flights from London, three-star accommodation including breakfast, all land-based transportation, entry to pubs and bars with discount drinks at some, video production, t-shirts, and an official certificate for completing the round-the-world pub crawl.
The event will be priced at AUS$11,900 (US$11,172).
Thirsty Swagman may be interested to know that just-drinks would be happy to cover this event in a journalistic capacity. Reluctant, of course, but happy all the same.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends