Blog: Arkansas set for vote that could end dry spell
Andy Morton | 4 September 2014
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to outlaw so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales.
About half of the state's 75 counties are alcohol free, and the practice, which dates from Prohibition days, is still in force in a number of US counties, including, famously, Moore in Tennessee, the home of Jack Daniel's.
Here's a useful guide, courtesy of Wikimedia Commons, that shows the wet and dry areas in the US, for the time being, at least. Red counties are dry, blue are wet and in yellow counties, alcohol sales are either partly prohibited or they contain towns that are dry.
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers stepped up a notch this week after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water”....
I must be getting soft in my old age, but there are two drinks marketing campaigns that have recently launched, which have resonated particularly well with me. The one thing they have in common is tha...
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Britvic is to launch a range of mixers for alcohol as it looks to expand diluting opportunities beyond water....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014