Blog: Arkansas set for vote that could end dry spell
Andy Morton | 4 September 2014
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to outlaw so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales.
About half of the state's 75 counties are alcohol free, and the practice, which dates from Prohibition days, is still in force in a number of US counties, including, famously, Moore in Tennessee, the home of Jack Daniel's.
Here's a useful guide, courtesy of Wikimedia Commons, that shows the wet and dry areas in the US, for the time being, at least. Red counties are dry, blue are wet and in yellow counties, alcohol sales are either partly prohibited or they contain towns that are dry.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
Diageo is poised to release a new, Scotch whisky-based product in Latin America in the coming months, possibly as an extension of the Johnnie Walker brand....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review