Blog: Arkansas set for vote that could end dry spell
Andy Morton | 4 September 2014
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to outlaw so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales.
About half of the state's 75 counties are alcohol free, and the practice, which dates from Prohibition days, is still in force in a number of US counties, including, famously, Moore in Tennessee, the home of Jack Daniel's.
Here's a useful guide, courtesy of Wikimedia Commons, that shows the wet and dry areas in the US, for the time being, at least. Red counties are dry, blue are wet and in yellow counties, alcohol sales are either partly prohibited or they contain towns that are dry.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research