Blog: Are we in for a tweet? Budweiser takes to Twitter
James Wilmore | 28 January 2013
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finally decided to embrace that new-fangled website known as Twitter.
We've been scratching our heads here for a while over the brewer's lack of activity on the social media site. One official account - ABInBevPR has yet to speak to the world, while another, ABInBevNews, has only attracted 259 followers in its five-month existence.
Compare this to Heineken's 55,000-odd followers.
But now, Budweiser has its own official account, which went live yesterday. It all ties in with the brewer's promotional activity around this weekend's Super Bowl.
However, this morning's press release trumpeting the Twitter account gives a clue to A-B InBev's reticence, explaining that Twitter has now introduced an age verification tool.
Although, I appeared to be able to follow the feed without confirming my age.
Perhaps they just knew?
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends