Blog: Are we in for a tweet? Budweiser takes to Twitter
James Wilmore | 28 January 2013
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finally decided to embrace that new-fangled website known as Twitter.
We've been scratching our heads here for a while over the brewer's lack of activity on the social media site. One official account - ABInBevPR has yet to speak to the world, while another, ABInBevNews, has only attracted 259 followers in its five-month existence.
Compare this to Heineken's 55,000-odd followers.
But now, Budweiser has its own official account, which went live yesterday. It all ties in with the brewer's promotional activity around this weekend's Super Bowl.
However, this morning's press release trumpeting the Twitter account gives a clue to A-B InBev's reticence, explaining that Twitter has now introduced an age verification tool.
Although, I appeared to be able to follow the feed without confirming my age.
Perhaps they just knew?
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review