Blog: Are we in for a tweet? Budweiser takes to Twitter
James Wilmore | 28 January 2013
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finally decided to embrace that new-fangled website known as Twitter.
We've been scratching our heads here for a while over the brewer's lack of activity on the social media site. One official account - ABInBevPR has yet to speak to the world, while another, ABInBevNews, has only attracted 259 followers in its five-month existence.
Compare this to Heineken's 55,000-odd followers.
But now, Budweiser has its own official account, which went live yesterday. It all ties in with the brewer's promotional activity around this weekend's Super Bowl.
However, this morning's press release trumpeting the Twitter account gives a clue to A-B InBev's reticence, explaining that Twitter has now introduced an age verification tool.
Although, I appeared to be able to follow the feed without confirming my age.
Perhaps they just knew?
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets