Blog: Aperol Spritz - Just the one. A large one?
Olly Wehring | 12 May 2016
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty.
Like cider, though, a couple is my limit. Any more, and I start to crave something a little less... bubbly.
One is perfect, though. But, not a large one. Like this.
Say hello to the world's largest Aperol Spritz, verified by Guinness World Records. Created onboard the Costa Favolosa cruise ship this week, the 1.5m-high tumbler contains 500 litres of Prosecco, 333 litres of Aperol, 167 litres of soda water and 15 ice-cubes, each of which measured 18cm x 20cm.
The tagline for this? How about "You'll fall to bits, if you drink all of this Spritz."
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Isle of Arran Distillers has released its latest single malt Scotch whisky iteration....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends