Blog: Aperol Spritz - Just the one. A large one?
Olly Wehring | 12 May 2016
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty.
Like cider, though, a couple is my limit. Any more, and I start to crave something a little less... bubbly.
One is perfect, though. But, not a large one. Like this.
Say hello to the world's largest Aperol Spritz, verified by Guinness World Records. Created onboard the Costa Favolosa cruise ship this week, the 1.5m-high tumbler contains 500 litres of Prosecco, 333 litres of Aperol, 167 litres of soda water and 15 ice-cubes, each of which measured 18cm x 20cm.
The tagline for this? How about "You'll fall to bits, if you drink all of this Spritz."
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
Casa Cuervo is set to release the second expression in its Steamship Collection....
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends