Blog: Aperol Spritz - Just the one. A large one?
Olly Wehring | 12 May 2016
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty.
Like cider, though, a couple is my limit. Any more, and I start to crave something a little less... bubbly.
One is perfect, though. But, not a large one. Like this.
Say hello to the world's largest Aperol Spritz, verified by Guinness World Records. Created onboard the Costa Favolosa cruise ship this week, the 1.5m-high tumbler contains 500 litres of Prosecco, 333 litres of Aperol, 167 litres of soda water and 15 ice-cubes, each of which measured 18cm x 20cm.
The tagline for this? How about "You'll fall to bits, if you drink all of this Spritz."
Wine trade show Vinexpo plans to take 100 of the world's top buyers to Austria's vineyards for the first edition of a new exhibition concept....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Alcohol sold in a central Indian state will have to carry health warnings as part of a raft of government measures to curb consumption, according to reports....
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends