Blog: Anything you can do
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 July 2004
Of course, just-drinks doesn’t like to deal in stereotypes, however they are hard to avoid at times.
The world’s oddest beer centred promotion, the Darwin Beer Can Regatta in Australia’s Northern Territory, attracted a record field this year with more than 20 improbable boats.
This was the 30th time the event – which confirms, to some, general assumptions about the Territory lifestyle - had been held.
The rules are simple. Crews take to the water on vessels made from beer (or soft drink) cans, which must be capable of staying afloat with four people. Adding pieces of plastic or plywood is acceptable but just sticking cans on an existing vessel means instant disqualification.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends