Blog: Anything you can do
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 July 2004
Of course, just-drinks doesn’t like to deal in stereotypes, however they are hard to avoid at times.
The world’s oddest beer centred promotion, the Darwin Beer Can Regatta in Australia’s Northern Territory, attracted a record field this year with more than 20 improbable boats.
This was the 30th time the event – which confirms, to some, general assumptions about the Territory lifestyle - had been held.
The rules are simple. Crews take to the water on vessels made from beer (or soft drink) cans, which must be capable of staying afloat with four people. Adding pieces of plastic or plywood is acceptable but just sticking cans on an existing vessel means instant disqualification.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research