Blog: Anyone got a light?
Chris Brook-Carter | 5 October 2005
Life is full of little pleasures, is it not? A cold beer on a hot day. That first cigarette of the day. But, hey! What say you, we make these little pleasures even smaller, by putting them together?
German company Nautilus GmbH Laboratoriumsbedarf has developed a 6.3% ABV lager with three milligrams of nicotine alkaloids per 250ml can. Three cans of the drink will provide you with the equivalent amount of nicotine as a pack of 20 cigarettes.
NicoShot is being marketed as a nicotine replacement therapy “designed to satisfy the nicotine urge whenever you want a cigarette, but can’t smoke,” says Richard Davis, president of Beverage Marketing USA, which handles publicity for NicoShot.
The drink is expected to be launched in Ireland shortly… a country with a smoking ban.
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends