Blog: Anyone got a light?
Chris Brook-Carter | 5 October 2005
Life is full of little pleasures, is it not? A cold beer on a hot day. That first cigarette of the day. But, hey! What say you, we make these little pleasures even smaller, by putting them together?
German company Nautilus GmbH Laboratoriumsbedarf has developed a 6.3% ABV lager with three milligrams of nicotine alkaloids per 250ml can. Three cans of the drink will provide you with the equivalent amount of nicotine as a pack of 20 cigarettes.
NicoShot is being marketed as a nicotine replacement therapy “designed to satisfy the nicotine urge whenever you want a cigarette, but can’t smoke,” says Richard Davis, president of Beverage Marketing USA, which handles publicity for NicoShot.
The drink is expected to be launched in Ireland shortly… a country with a smoking ban.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research