Blog: Anyone got a light?
Chris Brook-Carter | 5 October 2005
Life is full of little pleasures, is it not? A cold beer on a hot day. That first cigarette of the day. But, hey! What say you, we make these little pleasures even smaller, by putting them together?
German company Nautilus GmbH Laboratoriumsbedarf has developed a 6.3% ABV lager with three milligrams of nicotine alkaloids per 250ml can. Three cans of the drink will provide you with the equivalent amount of nicotine as a pack of 20 cigarettes.
NicoShot is being marketed as a nicotine replacement therapy “designed to satisfy the nicotine urge whenever you want a cigarette, but can’t smoke,” says Richard Davis, president of Beverage Marketing USA, which handles publicity for NicoShot.
The drink is expected to be launched in Ireland shortly… a country with a smoking ban.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020