Blog: Anyone got a light?
Chris Brook-Carter | 5 October 2005
Life is full of little pleasures, is it not? A cold beer on a hot day. That first cigarette of the day. But, hey! What say you, we make these little pleasures even smaller, by putting them together?
German company Nautilus GmbH Laboratoriumsbedarf has developed a 6.3% ABV lager with three milligrams of nicotine alkaloids per 250ml can. Three cans of the drink will provide you with the equivalent amount of nicotine as a pack of 20 cigarettes.
NicoShot is being marketed as a nicotine replacement therapy “designed to satisfy the nicotine urge whenever you want a cigarette, but can’t smoke,” says Richard Davis, president of Beverage Marketing USA, which handles publicity for NicoShot.
The drink is expected to be launched in Ireland shortly… a country with a smoking ban.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World