Blog: Another record for the brewing industry
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 July 2005
A mid-Wales brewery has just been awarded the Smallest Commercial Brewery in the world by the World Guinness Book of Records.
Bragdy Gwynant based in Capel Bangor, near Aberystwyth is less than 5ft square in size. Housed at the front of the ‘Tynllidiart Arms’, customers and passers-by can look in at the traditional process in action before sampling a pint of the ale.
The brewery, which reopened in August of last year after a two-year break, has a maximum brewing capacity of 40.9 litres (9 gal) per batch, and supplies the adjacent Tynllidiart Arms exclusively.
Margaret Phillips, who owns the brewery and the Tynllidiart Arms said: “People travel from miles around to experience the taste of the ale as well as the kudos associated with drinking from the world’s smallest brewery, it also goes down extremely well with our local customers.”
Anheuser-Busch is said to be gutted to have missed out on the accolade.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends