Blog: Another record for the brewing industry
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 July 2005
A mid-Wales brewery has just been awarded the Smallest Commercial Brewery in the world by the World Guinness Book of Records.
Bragdy Gwynant based in Capel Bangor, near Aberystwyth is less than 5ft square in size. Housed at the front of the ‘Tynllidiart Arms’, customers and passers-by can look in at the traditional process in action before sampling a pint of the ale.
The brewery, which reopened in August of last year after a two-year break, has a maximum brewing capacity of 40.9 litres (9 gal) per batch, and supplies the adjacent Tynllidiart Arms exclusively.
Margaret Phillips, who owns the brewery and the Tynllidiart Arms said: “People travel from miles around to experience the taste of the ale as well as the kudos associated with drinking from the world’s smallest brewery, it also goes down extremely well with our local customers.”
Anheuser-Busch is said to be gutted to have missed out on the accolade.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends