Blog: Another record for the brewing industry
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 July 2005
A mid-Wales brewery has just been awarded the Smallest Commercial Brewery in the world by the World Guinness Book of Records.
Bragdy Gwynant based in Capel Bangor, near Aberystwyth is less than 5ft square in size. Housed at the front of the ‘Tynllidiart Arms’, customers and passers-by can look in at the traditional process in action before sampling a pint of the ale.
The brewery, which reopened in August of last year after a two-year break, has a maximum brewing capacity of 40.9 litres (9 gal) per batch, and supplies the adjacent Tynllidiart Arms exclusively.
Margaret Phillips, who owns the brewery and the Tynllidiart Arms said: “People travel from miles around to experience the taste of the ale as well as the kudos associated with drinking from the world’s smallest brewery, it also goes down extremely well with our local customers.”
Anheuser-Busch is said to be gutted to have missed out on the accolade.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range