Blog: Another record for the brewing industry
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 July 2005
A mid-Wales brewery has just been awarded the Smallest Commercial Brewery in the world by the World Guinness Book of Records.
Bragdy Gwynant based in Capel Bangor, near Aberystwyth is less than 5ft square in size. Housed at the front of the ‘Tynllidiart Arms’, customers and passers-by can look in at the traditional process in action before sampling a pint of the ale.
The brewery, which reopened in August of last year after a two-year break, has a maximum brewing capacity of 40.9 litres (9 gal) per batch, and supplies the adjacent Tynllidiart Arms exclusively.
Margaret Phillips, who owns the brewery and the Tynllidiart Arms said: “People travel from miles around to experience the taste of the ale as well as the kudos associated with drinking from the world’s smallest brewery, it also goes down extremely well with our local customers.”
Anheuser-Busch is said to be gutted to have missed out on the accolade.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends