Blog: Another record for the brewing industry
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 July 2005
A mid-Wales brewery has just been awarded the Smallest Commercial Brewery in the world by the World Guinness Book of Records.
Bragdy Gwynant based in Capel Bangor, near Aberystwyth is less than 5ft square in size. Housed at the front of the ‘Tynllidiart Arms’, customers and passers-by can look in at the traditional process in action before sampling a pint of the ale.
The brewery, which reopened in August of last year after a two-year break, has a maximum brewing capacity of 40.9 litres (9 gal) per batch, and supplies the adjacent Tynllidiart Arms exclusively.
Margaret Phillips, who owns the brewery and the Tynllidiart Arms said: “People travel from miles around to experience the taste of the ale as well as the kudos associated with drinking from the world’s smallest brewery, it also goes down extremely well with our local customers.”
Anheuser-Busch is said to be gutted to have missed out on the accolade.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends