Blog: Anheuser-Busch InBev's Bud Light ad pull shows not all campaigns can win
Andy Morton | 31 October 2016
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US.
Marketing trade publications are framing this as a failure, but surely not all ad campaigns can work? AB InBev may have spent a lot of money on this push, including for a Super Bowl slot, but investment doesn't guarantee success and if it's not working then the brewer would be foolish to continue backing it.
Bud Light is in decline, but it's still 17% of AB InBev's sales in the US, according to CEO Carlos Brito in a call with analysts last week. Now, with Seth and Amy out of the picture, the company can try something else.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
C&C Group's Scottish unit is rolling out new Tennent's Lager bar pumps after they lifted sales by 4% in a trail-run....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Heineken has launched a new craft-style beer range that targets "beer-curious" UK consumers....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers