Blog: Anheuser-Busch InBev – My cup, it runneth over
Olly Wehring | 10 May 2012
When Anheuser-Busch InBev lined up a three-year tie-up with the English Football Association last year, the romantic in me got all excited.
"Maybe," he pondered, "I'll get to see Liverpool in the FA Cup Final."
The realist in me quickly took hold and, considering the season my team has just put me through, was quite valid in dismissing such flights of fancy.
Okay, they didn't win, but I still got to watch my team play at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, thanks to A-B InBev here in the UK.
Not only that, but I also managed to get another snap for the 'Me with a Trophy' photo album.
Thanks to A-B InBev UK and Michelle Norman.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1