Blog: Anheuser-Busch InBev execs have a dream - a US$350m-sized one
Andy Morton | 15 November 2016
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive?
Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?
It could well be any of those things. Or it could be something else entirely. Step forward AB InBev's so-called 2020 Dream Incentive Plan, which has apparently been disclosed before in regulatory filings but I first read about in a Sunday Telegraph report over the weekend.
The plan promises the company's top 65 executives a share in a US$350m windfall (that's about $5.4m each), but only if annual sales exceed $100bn by 2020. Current sales stand at just $55bn, even after accounting for the recent ingestion of SABMiller.
Could this be why the world's biggest brewer chases more consolidation, and is preparing to buy The Coca-Cola Co, according to the Telegraph?
Perhaps. Though I prefer to think it's for the good of mankind.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
C&C Group's Scottish unit is rolling out new Tennent's Lager bar pumps after they lifted sales by 4% in a trail-run....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Heineken has launched a new craft-style beer range that targets "beer-curious" UK consumers....
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers