Blog: Angostura advertises the news
Lucy Britner | 12 December 2016
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson. It was unusual, then, to receive last week a copy of an advert from a newspaper - carrying a pretty big announcement.
The board of Trinidad & Tobago rum company Angostura Holdings took out the advert in the local press, announcing that Robert Wong, group CEO, "has proceeded on administrative leave, pending an audit into matters touching and concerning his employment duties".
It is all connected to goings-on at Angostura amid reports in local media that the group's rum production process had been compromised. Angostura has refuted the reports.
Brown-Forman has teamed up with an R&B singer to launch a new flavour in its 25-year-old Jack Daniel's RTD malted beverage range, Country Cocktails. K. Michelle will help promote the new Southern Peac...
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance released its lists of the most valuable beer and spirits brands, globally. Here's a rundown of the top 50 spirits brands....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts