Blog: Angostura advertises the news
Lucy Britner | 12 December 2016
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson. It was unusual, then, to receive last week a copy of an advert from a newspaper - carrying a pretty big announcement.
The board of Trinidad & Tobago rum company Angostura Holdings took out the advert in the local press, announcing that Robert Wong, group CEO, "has proceeded on administrative leave, pending an audit into matters touching and concerning his employment duties".
It is all connected to goings-on at Angostura amid reports in local media that the group's rum production process had been compromised. Angostura has refuted the reports.
On 9 May, Diageo is hosting its latest Capital Markets Day for analysts and investors, in London. Ahead of the group's presentations, Anthony Bucalo, global beverages analyst at HSBC, has prepared a l...
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Edrington has unveiled a pack overhaul for its Highland Park Scotch whisky brand, with two expressions gaining "sub brand names"....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
New UK producer Twisted Halo has launched a low-calorie alcoholic RTD....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report