Blog: And, then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like “I'm thinking of buying SABMiller”
Olly Wehring | 28 September 2015
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never been able to get to is Anheuser-Busch InBev's Carlos Brito. And, much as I am aware of his reluctance to speak to the press, this has served only to fuel our fire.
I was thrilled, then, when the call came through late last month inviting me to meet Brito for “a conversation over an informal beer pairing dinner featuring a selection of our brands”. Tuesday, 29 September, at a hip 'n' happenin' bar-restaurant in London. I'm there.
And then, this happens.
Cue, a note late last week, postponing the meet-up to “a later date”.
Now, I appreciate you have bigger fish to fry, Brito, but what about 'us'?
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
On 9 May, Diageo is hosting its latest Capital Markets Day for analysts and investors, in London. Ahead of the group's presentations, Anthony Bucalo, global beverages analyst at HSBC, has prepared a l...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Yesterday, Dr Pepper Snapple Group reported its results for the first three months of 2017. The company saw its sales rise slightly in the first quarter, although profits were hit by the US$1.7bn purc...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends