Blog: And, then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like “I'm thinking of buying SABMiller”
Olly Wehring | 28 September 2015
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never been able to get to is Anheuser-Busch InBev's Carlos Brito. And, much as I am aware of his reluctance to speak to the press, this has served only to fuel our fire.
I was thrilled, then, when the call came through late last month inviting me to meet Brito for “a conversation over an informal beer pairing dinner featuring a selection of our brands”. Tuesday, 29 September, at a hip 'n' happenin' bar-restaurant in London. I'm there.
And then, this happens.
Cue, a note late last week, postponing the meet-up to “a later date”.
Now, I appreciate you have bigger fish to fry, Brito, but what about 'us'?
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Treasury Wine Estates has renamed and repackaged its fruit wine range in the UK as it looks to bring the products in line with the Blossom Hill brand. ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery