Blog: And the feeling’s right, oh, what a night.
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 November 2004
New Jersey legislators have decided to bring back Ladies Night to state bars, after it was ruled a form of illegal sexual discrimination.
Bar owners in the state say that their summer was ruined when the state’s director of civil rights ruled in June that a restaurant unlawfully discriminated against men by waiving the $5 cover charge for women and by offering them discounted drinks.
After an uproar from bar owners, the state assembly approved the measure to overturn the ruling by 78 to 0.
While ridiculed throughout the country, legal experts were unanimous that the original decision was legally sound, if politically foolhardy.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends