Blog: And the feeling’s right, oh, what a night.
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 November 2004
New Jersey legislators have decided to bring back Ladies Night to state bars, after it was ruled a form of illegal sexual discrimination.
Bar owners in the state say that their summer was ruined when the state’s director of civil rights ruled in June that a restaurant unlawfully discriminated against men by waiving the $5 cover charge for women and by offering them discounted drinks.
After an uproar from bar owners, the state assembly approved the measure to overturn the ruling by 78 to 0.
While ridiculed throughout the country, legal experts were unanimous that the original decision was legally sound, if politically foolhardy.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts