Blog: And the feeling’s right, oh, what a night.
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 November 2004
New Jersey legislators have decided to bring back Ladies Night to state bars, after it was ruled a form of illegal sexual discrimination.
Bar owners in the state say that their summer was ruined when the state’s director of civil rights ruled in June that a restaurant unlawfully discriminated against men by waiving the $5 cover charge for women and by offering them discounted drinks.
After an uproar from bar owners, the state assembly approved the measure to overturn the ruling by 78 to 0.
While ridiculed throughout the country, legal experts were unanimous that the original decision was legally sound, if politically foolhardy.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends