Blog: And the feeling’s right, oh, what a night.
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 November 2004
New Jersey legislators have decided to bring back Ladies Night to state bars, after it was ruled a form of illegal sexual discrimination.
Bar owners in the state say that their summer was ruined when the state’s director of civil rights ruled in June that a restaurant unlawfully discriminated against men by waiving the $5 cover charge for women and by offering them discounted drinks.
After an uproar from bar owners, the state assembly approved the measure to overturn the ruling by 78 to 0.
While ridiculed throughout the country, legal experts were unanimous that the original decision was legally sound, if politically foolhardy.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits