Blog: And the best beer in the UK is...
Olly Wehring | 5 August 2009
Judges at this year's Great British Beer Festival have crowned Yorkshire brew Rudgate Ruby Mild as the best beer in the UK.
Ruby Mild, which is brewed near to York in northern England and has an abv of 4.4%, was crowned champion at this week's Great British Beer Festival in London, organised by the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA).
Perhaps more importantly for the beer sector as a whole, CAMRA says that there are more brewers in the country - more than 670 - than at any time since the end of the Second World War in 1945.
Beer sales may have continued to slip by volume in the UK this year, but there is clearly life in the market.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits