Blog: And the best beer in the UK is...
Olly Wehring | 5 August 2009
Judges at this year's Great British Beer Festival have crowned Yorkshire brew Rudgate Ruby Mild as the best beer in the UK.
Ruby Mild, which is brewed near to York in northern England and has an abv of 4.4%, was crowned champion at this week's Great British Beer Festival in London, organised by the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA).
Perhaps more importantly for the beer sector as a whole, CAMRA says that there are more brewers in the country - more than 670 - than at any time since the end of the Second World War in 1945.
Beer sales may have continued to slip by volume in the UK this year, but there is clearly life in the market.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research