Blog: And President Chirac's favourite drink was...
Olly Wehring | 10 September 2009
Move aside Dom Perignon, Veuve Clicquot and Louis XIII, because it turns out that ex-French president Jacques Chirac's favourite tipple was in fact the humble bottle of Corona beer.
Outgoing Courvoisier MD Jean Marc Olivier revealed the ex-president's drink of choice during an interview in London today.
Chirac, we are told, would turn up at official parties and demand Corona instead of Champagne as an aperitif.
"No cocktails, no Champagne, he had a bag with him and out came a bottle of Corona," said Olivier, of a party he attended at which Chirac was present.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range