Blog: Analysts in a froth
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 September 2003
This is not entirely surprising given that his relationship with investors in his last post, as financial officer at the French utility company Suez, was strained by the time he departed.
Rightly or wrongly, the financial community held Jacolot responsible for Suez's hefty debt problems of €27 billion.
To what extent he was actually at fault is impossible to tell, but only time will tell if he is now the right man to lead Interbrew in its current drive to cut costs and improve productivity.
Samples of quotes from the Reuters report include: "His lack of experience in the industry is a concern to us." And, "We are a bit cautious regarding his track record and reputation when at Suez."
Jacolot, of course is not the only man facing trial by the media/city in the beer industry at present. Tony Froggart, S&N's relatively new CEO, has taken the reigns in arguable the most important period of S&N's recent history, as the company tries to re-emerge from the sale of its pub estate as a pure beer player.
There is an excellent article in today's Times, also available online, by the newspaper's well-regarded drinks correspondent Dominic Walsh. If you want the latest on how Froggart has begun his tenure and the challenges he still faces, I recommend you read it.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research