Blog: Analysts in a froth
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 September 2003
This is not entirely surprising given that his relationship with investors in his last post, as financial officer at the French utility company Suez, was strained by the time he departed.
Rightly or wrongly, the financial community held Jacolot responsible for Suez's hefty debt problems of €27 billion.
To what extent he was actually at fault is impossible to tell, but only time will tell if he is now the right man to lead Interbrew in its current drive to cut costs and improve productivity.
Samples of quotes from the Reuters report include: "His lack of experience in the industry is a concern to us." And, "We are a bit cautious regarding his track record and reputation when at Suez."
Jacolot, of course is not the only man facing trial by the media/city in the beer industry at present. Tony Froggart, S&N's relatively new CEO, has taken the reigns in arguable the most important period of S&N's recent history, as the company tries to re-emerge from the sale of its pub estate as a pure beer player.
There is an excellent article in today's Times, also available online, by the newspaper's well-regarded drinks correspondent Dominic Walsh. If you want the latest on how Froggart has begun his tenure and the challenges he still faces, I recommend you read it.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research