Blog: Analysts in a froth
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 September 2003
This is not entirely surprising given that his relationship with investors in his last post, as financial officer at the French utility company Suez, was strained by the time he departed.
Rightly or wrongly, the financial community held Jacolot responsible for Suez's hefty debt problems of €27 billion.
To what extent he was actually at fault is impossible to tell, but only time will tell if he is now the right man to lead Interbrew in its current drive to cut costs and improve productivity.
Samples of quotes from the Reuters report include: "His lack of experience in the industry is a concern to us." And, "We are a bit cautious regarding his track record and reputation when at Suez."
Jacolot, of course is not the only man facing trial by the media/city in the beer industry at present. Tony Froggart, S&N's relatively new CEO, has taken the reigns in arguable the most important period of S&N's recent history, as the company tries to re-emerge from the sale of its pub estate as a pure beer player.
There is an excellent article in today's Times, also available online, by the newspaper's well-regarded drinks correspondent Dominic Walsh. If you want the latest on how Froggart has begun his tenure and the challenges he still faces, I recommend you read it.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review