Blog: Analysts in a froth
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 September 2003
This is not entirely surprising given that his relationship with investors in his last post, as financial officer at the French utility company Suez, was strained by the time he departed.
Rightly or wrongly, the financial community held Jacolot responsible for Suez's hefty debt problems of €27 billion.
To what extent he was actually at fault is impossible to tell, but only time will tell if he is now the right man to lead Interbrew in its current drive to cut costs and improve productivity.
Samples of quotes from the Reuters report include: "His lack of experience in the industry is a concern to us." And, "We are a bit cautious regarding his track record and reputation when at Suez."
Jacolot, of course is not the only man facing trial by the media/city in the beer industry at present. Tony Froggart, S&N's relatively new CEO, has taken the reigns in arguable the most important period of S&N's recent history, as the company tries to re-emerge from the sale of its pub estate as a pure beer player.
There is an excellent article in today's Times, also available online, by the newspaper's well-regarded drinks correspondent Dominic Walsh. If you want the latest on how Froggart has begun his tenure and the challenges he still faces, I recommend you read it.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends