Blog: An Innocent promotion…
Michelle Russell | 27 May 2010
Recent figures from mysupermarket.com show that chilled juice drinks are the second most promoted category in UK stores.
Information gathered from Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Ocado, found cider and alcopops the ninth most promoted category, while squash was 11th.
Categorised by brand however, UK smoothie maker Innocent made the top spot for the most promoted brand in all four stores, with 95.1% of its items on promotion.
The firm reported pre-tax losses of GBP11.2m for 2008, compared to profits of GBP12m in the prior year.
And according to the annual Britvic Soft Drinks Report published last month, smoothie sales slid in the UK in 2009, falling by 27% in value and volume during the year.
Little wonder, then, that the struggling smoothie maker is promoting so fiercely.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends