Blog: An Innocent promotion…
Michelle Russell | 27 May 2010
Recent figures from mysupermarket.com show that chilled juice drinks are the second most promoted category in UK stores.
Information gathered from Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Ocado, found cider and alcopops the ninth most promoted category, while squash was 11th.
Categorised by brand however, UK smoothie maker Innocent made the top spot for the most promoted brand in all four stores, with 95.1% of its items on promotion.
The firm reported pre-tax losses of GBP11.2m for 2008, compared to profits of GBP12m in the prior year.
And according to the annual Britvic Soft Drinks Report published last month, smoothie sales slid in the UK in 2009, falling by 27% in value and volume during the year.
Little wonder, then, that the struggling smoothie maker is promoting so fiercely.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends