Blog: America's love affair with soda - dead? Or can the romance be revived?
James Wilmore | 29 April 2014
As the big beasts of the soft drinks world, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, both face challenging times it has led to the question 'Is American's love affair with soda over?'
Here, the website Health Science Degree Guide, offers an infographic on the history of the category in the US and some current stats:
Sectors: Soft drinks
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
PepsiCo has appointed Bruno Thévenin to the newly-created post of general manager of Western Europe & South Africa (WESA) for its Tropicana fruit juice brand....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
Tata Global Beverages has seen a rise in first-quarter sales, but profits were dragged down by investments in new ventures. ...
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned