Blog: America's love affair with soda - dead? Or can the romance be revived?
James Wilmore | 29 April 2014
As the big beasts of the soft drinks world, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, both face challenging times it has led to the question 'Is American's love affair with soda over?'
Here, the website Health Science Degree Guide, offers an infographic on the history of the category in the US and some current stats:
Sectors: Soft drinks
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace....
Ardagh Group has confirmed plans to close one of its glass bottle production sites in the US, with around 290 jobs set to be lost. ...
Here are some of the top stories from just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, San Miguel Corp, Stock Spirits and William Grant & Sons....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL