Blog: All packed up
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 August 2004
Even Coca-Cola has bowed to the unique pressures that Germany’s mandatory deposit law on mono-use drinks packaging has placed on operators there.
The Coca-Cola Company has agreed to sell its Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite products in 1.25-liter bottles exclusively designed with the P logo imprinted on its neck for the German discount supermarket chain, Plus.
Because of the introduction of a 2003 deposit law, German supermarket chains want to sell and take back only packaging which is unique to their stores. Until recently, Coke was not willing to potentially dilute its brand image by selling its products in a bottle exclusive to an individual chain.
However, even a brand like Coke was suffering from the decision, which was resulting in the absence of its products at some supermarket chains (PepsiCo is already present in several chains with their own versions of bottles).
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends