Blog: All packed up
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 August 2004
Even Coca-Cola has bowed to the unique pressures that Germany’s mandatory deposit law on mono-use drinks packaging has placed on operators there.
The Coca-Cola Company has agreed to sell its Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite products in 1.25-liter bottles exclusively designed with the P logo imprinted on its neck for the German discount supermarket chain, Plus.
Because of the introduction of a 2003 deposit law, German supermarket chains want to sell and take back only packaging which is unique to their stores. Until recently, Coke was not willing to potentially dilute its brand image by selling its products in a bottle exclusive to an individual chain.
However, even a brand like Coke was suffering from the decision, which was resulting in the absence of its products at some supermarket chains (PepsiCo is already present in several chains with their own versions of bottles).
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages