Blog: All packed up
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 August 2004
Even Coca-Cola has bowed to the unique pressures that Germany’s mandatory deposit law on mono-use drinks packaging has placed on operators there.
The Coca-Cola Company has agreed to sell its Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite products in 1.25-liter bottles exclusively designed with the P logo imprinted on its neck for the German discount supermarket chain, Plus.
Because of the introduction of a 2003 deposit law, German supermarket chains want to sell and take back only packaging which is unique to their stores. Until recently, Coke was not willing to potentially dilute its brand image by selling its products in a bottle exclusive to an individual chain.
However, even a brand like Coke was suffering from the decision, which was resulting in the absence of its products at some supermarket chains (PepsiCo is already present in several chains with their own versions of bottles).
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets