Blog: All packed up
Chris Brook-Carter | 6 August 2004
Even Coca-Cola has bowed to the unique pressures that Germany’s mandatory deposit law on mono-use drinks packaging has placed on operators there.
The Coca-Cola Company has agreed to sell its Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite products in 1.25-liter bottles exclusively designed with the P logo imprinted on its neck for the German discount supermarket chain, Plus.
Because of the introduction of a 2003 deposit law, German supermarket chains want to sell and take back only packaging which is unique to their stores. Until recently, Coke was not willing to potentially dilute its brand image by selling its products in a bottle exclusive to an individual chain.
However, even a brand like Coke was suffering from the decision, which was resulting in the absence of its products at some supermarket chains (PepsiCo is already present in several chains with their own versions of bottles).
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research