Blog: Alcohol education - That's the way to do it
Olly Wehring | 24 January 2011
Yes, I know it looks like it was knocked together by a fifth-grade class project, and it sounds like there's some sort of fight going on in the background, but hats off to the BBC here in the UK for this attempt to show the drinkers of the country the effects alcohol consumption has on their wallets and waistlines.
There's a lot to be said for keeping it simple.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- just-drinks takes a festive break
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014