Blog: Alcohol advertising on the internet
Olly Wehring | 18 June 2009
France's Senate has at last seen sense and decided to overturn a bizarre attempt to ban alcohol publicity on the internet.
French Senators this week voted to amend France's Loi Evin, which has governed alcohol publicity since 1991, to include the internet.
The move should mark the endgame in what has been nearly 18 months of limbo for wine, beer and spirits firms operating in France.
In February 2008, the National Association for the Prevention of Alcoholism and Addiction won a court battle against Heineken, arguing that its online publicity was illegal. France's Loi Evin makes no mention of the internet, therefore internet publicity is not legal, argued the campaign group.
A Paris court judge agreed, sparking a bizarre chapter in the history of alcohol in France.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends