Blog: Alco-ice-pops turn up the heat
Chris Brook-Carter | 20 December 2004
Companies looking to introduce new innovation to the drinks industry have certainly got their work cut out for themselves. People fear change at the best of times, and with the heavy air of Big Brother watching over the industry in the form of the authorities, times are tougher than ever for innovators.
The New York Daily News reported this weekend that a company hoping to sell alcoholic frozen ice pops has had its nails trimmed. The State Liquor Authority in New York has refused to give its approval to Integrated Beverage Group’s ice pops, known as Freaky Ice, and a state judge has supported the refusal.
The ice pops, which carry a 4.8% alcohol content, have been deemed too similar to non-alcoholic ice pops and their adults-only labelling was too small.
Never give up, people – there must be a way we can stick it to the man.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends