Blog: Alan Lodge 1982 – 2012
Olly Wehring | 21 February 2012
Many of you in our industry – certainly those of you operating here in the UK – will have met the news editor at peer-publication The Drinks Business, Alan Lodge. Over the last three years, I bumped into Alan on an almost weekly basis at various drinks events in London. Indeed, I could pretty much guarantee I'd see him, due to his reputation of attending the openings of envelopes.
Alan passed away over the weekend, suffering a brain haemorrhage. He was 29.
The Drinks Business' editor, Patrick Schmitt, has written an eloquent obituary for Alan, which can be found here.
Goodbye, Alan. Thank you for the fun times and thank you for the laughter. I'll toast you with an Ardbeg tonight.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director