Blog: Alan Lodge 1982 – 2012
Olly Wehring | 21 February 2012
Many of you in our industry – certainly those of you operating here in the UK – will have met the news editor at peer-publication The Drinks Business, Alan Lodge. Over the last three years, I bumped into Alan on an almost weekly basis at various drinks events in London. Indeed, I could pretty much guarantee I'd see him, due to his reputation of attending the openings of envelopes.
Alan passed away over the weekend, suffering a brain haemorrhage. He was 29.
The Drinks Business' editor, Patrick Schmitt, has written an eloquent obituary for Alan, which can be found here.
Goodbye, Alan. Thank you for the fun times and thank you for the laughter. I'll toast you with an Ardbeg tonight.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review