Blog: Alan Lodge 1982 – 2012
Olly Wehring | 21 February 2012
Many of you in our industry – certainly those of you operating here in the UK – will have met the news editor at peer-publication The Drinks Business, Alan Lodge. Over the last three years, I bumped into Alan on an almost weekly basis at various drinks events in London. Indeed, I could pretty much guarantee I'd see him, due to his reputation of attending the openings of envelopes.
Alan passed away over the weekend, suffering a brain haemorrhage. He was 29.
The Drinks Business' editor, Patrick Schmitt, has written an eloquent obituary for Alan, which can be found here.
Goodbye, Alan. Thank you for the fun times and thank you for the laughter. I'll toast you with an Ardbeg tonight.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research