Blog: Air Jamaica - No rum? No comment
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 May 2005
A flight last week threw up an interesting marketing strategy, that I think might be the beginning of something big.
As a guest of Appleton Estates rum, I was lucky enough to spend four days in Jamaica last week. On the Air Jamaica flight from London Heathrow (10 hours - fun), the rum was flowing rather well – rather too well, as it turns out. Around three-quarters of the way over the Atlantic, the flight was drunk dry.
A rum-free flight? To Jamaica? Poor hospitality, perhaps? Or maybe what duty free was invented for?
Here’s hoping they let people take a gallon or two of Cola as carry-on.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends