Blog: Air Jamaica - No rum? No comment
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 May 2005
A flight last week threw up an interesting marketing strategy, that I think might be the beginning of something big.
As a guest of Appleton Estates rum, I was lucky enough to spend four days in Jamaica last week. On the Air Jamaica flight from London Heathrow (10 hours - fun), the rum was flowing rather well – rather too well, as it turns out. Around three-quarters of the way over the Atlantic, the flight was drunk dry.
A rum-free flight? To Jamaica? Poor hospitality, perhaps? Or maybe what duty free was invented for?
Here’s hoping they let people take a gallon or two of Cola as carry-on.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends