Blog: Air Jamaica - No rum? No comment
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 May 2005
A flight last week threw up an interesting marketing strategy, that I think might be the beginning of something big.
As a guest of Appleton Estates rum, I was lucky enough to spend four days in Jamaica last week. On the Air Jamaica flight from London Heathrow (10 hours - fun), the rum was flowing rather well – rather too well, as it turns out. Around three-quarters of the way over the Atlantic, the flight was drunk dry.
A rum-free flight? To Jamaica? Poor hospitality, perhaps? Or maybe what duty free was invented for?
Here’s hoping they let people take a gallon or two of Cola as carry-on.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends