Blog: Air Jamaica - No rum? No comment
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 May 2005
A flight last week threw up an interesting marketing strategy, that I think might be the beginning of something big.
As a guest of Appleton Estates rum, I was lucky enough to spend four days in Jamaica last week. On the Air Jamaica flight from London Heathrow (10 hours - fun), the rum was flowing rather well – rather too well, as it turns out. Around three-quarters of the way over the Atlantic, the flight was drunk dry.
A rum-free flight? To Jamaica? Poor hospitality, perhaps? Or maybe what duty free was invented for?
Here’s hoping they let people take a gallon or two of Cola as carry-on.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits