Blog: Adil, Diageo break ties
Olly Wehring | 6 March 2009
Speculation has surrounded the sudden departure of Diageo India MD Asif Adil this week.
India's Economic Times (ET) newspaper yesterday (5 March) cited Diageo sources in the country as saying that Adil's departure is linked to "a certain breach in internal code of conduct".
Diageo has been investigating misconduct at its Indian subsidiary, according to the ET, with allegations including "leveraging company operations for personal or family gain".
Regarding Adil's departure, just-drinks understands from a source familiar with the situation that both sides are legally bound to silence by a confidentiality clause.
Adil's exit is understood to have been sudden and the circumstances surrounding his departure remain under review.
The ET claimed yesterday that two more senior Diageo India officials have offered their resignations in the last few days, altough no names were given.
Diageo is naturally keen to focus on the new man in charge in India, Roland Abella. Previously head of Diageo in the Middle East and North Africa, Diageo is very enthusiastic about the appointment of Abella, who is known for his good people management and dynamic approach to business.
His arrival may prove to be the silver lining in a rather sticky situation.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends