Blog: Adil, Diageo break ties
Olly Wehring | 6 March 2009
Speculation has surrounded the sudden departure of Diageo India MD Asif Adil this week.
India's Economic Times (ET) newspaper yesterday (5 March) cited Diageo sources in the country as saying that Adil's departure is linked to "a certain breach in internal code of conduct".
Diageo has been investigating misconduct at its Indian subsidiary, according to the ET, with allegations including "leveraging company operations for personal or family gain".
Regarding Adil's departure, just-drinks understands from a source familiar with the situation that both sides are legally bound to silence by a confidentiality clause.
Adil's exit is understood to have been sudden and the circumstances surrounding his departure remain under review.
The ET claimed yesterday that two more senior Diageo India officials have offered their resignations in the last few days, altough no names were given.
Diageo is naturally keen to focus on the new man in charge in India, Roland Abella. Previously head of Diageo in the Middle East and North Africa, Diageo is very enthusiastic about the appointment of Abella, who is known for his good people management and dynamic approach to business.
His arrival may prove to be the silver lining in a rather sticky situation.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range