Blog: Adil, Diageo break ties
Olly Wehring | 6 March 2009
Speculation has surrounded the sudden departure of Diageo India MD Asif Adil this week.
India's Economic Times (ET) newspaper yesterday (5 March) cited Diageo sources in the country as saying that Adil's departure is linked to "a certain breach in internal code of conduct".
Diageo has been investigating misconduct at its Indian subsidiary, according to the ET, with allegations including "leveraging company operations for personal or family gain".
Regarding Adil's departure, just-drinks understands from a source familiar with the situation that both sides are legally bound to silence by a confidentiality clause.
Adil's exit is understood to have been sudden and the circumstances surrounding his departure remain under review.
The ET claimed yesterday that two more senior Diageo India officials have offered their resignations in the last few days, altough no names were given.
Diageo is naturally keen to focus on the new man in charge in India, Roland Abella. Previously head of Diageo in the Middle East and North Africa, Diageo is very enthusiastic about the appointment of Abella, who is known for his good people management and dynamic approach to business.
His arrival may prove to be the silver lining in a rather sticky situation.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends