Blog: Accolade Wines and Hardys soothe my cricketing pain
Olly Wehring | 25 March 2014
Those that know me know that I like my cricket (it's a sport, American people). As an England fan, I - like many others - have suffered a torrid winter, with the Australians tearing my team a new one Down Under.
To banish those dark, cold memories, I have Australia's Accolade Wines to thank (the irony) for inviting me to the home of cricket, Lord's, in London last week. The unveiling of Accolade's Hardys wine brand as a sponsor of the England & Wales Cricket Board allowed me to head to Lord's as fast as my legs could carry me.
The highlight? Well, this!
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned