Blog: Accolade Wines and Hardys soothe my cricketing pain
Olly Wehring | 25 March 2014
Those that know me know that I like my cricket (it's a sport, American people). As an England fan, I - like many others - have suffered a torrid winter, with the Australians tearing my team a new one Down Under.
To banish those dark, cold memories, I have Australia's Accolade Wines to thank (the irony) for inviting me to the home of cricket, Lord's, in London last week. The unveiling of Accolade's Hardys wine brand as a sponsor of the England & Wales Cricket Board allowed me to head to Lord's as fast as my legs could carry me.
The highlight? Well, this!
A total of 37 new wine producers were granted licences in England during calendar 2015, according to accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young. ...
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends