Blog: Accolade Wines and Hardys soothe my cricketing pain
Olly Wehring | 25 March 2014
Those that know me know that I like my cricket (it's a sport, American people). As an England fan, I - like many others - have suffered a torrid winter, with the Australians tearing my team a new one Down Under.
To banish those dark, cold memories, I have Australia's Accolade Wines to thank (the irony) for inviting me to the home of cricket, Lord's, in London last week. The unveiling of Accolade's Hardys wine brand as a sponsor of the England & Wales Cricket Board allowed me to head to Lord's as fast as my legs could carry me.
The highlight? Well, this!
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
Guala Closures has opened a facility in California to help wineries in the state to design and create screwcap closures....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"