Blog: Aamir Khan too old for Coke?
Michelle Russell | 28 February 2011
The Coca-Cola Co has become the latest global firm to drop its high profile celebrity brand ambassador in favour of a younger model.
According to The Economic Times, Coca-Cola decided not to renew its brand endorsement contract with Aamir Khan, who has been the face of the brand in India for some ten years. It seems the soft drinks giant is on the lookout for a younger face to connect with the young target market of brand Coke.
Two years ago, PepsiCo made a similar move when it dropped Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, replacing him with a much younger Ranbir Kapoor as the ambassador of brand Pepsi.
While nothing has yet been confirmed, if it is 'young' that Coca-Cola is indeed looking for, how long before we see Justin Bieber as the new face of Coke...?
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends