Blog: Aamir Khan too old for Coke?
Michelle Russell | 28 February 2011
The Coca-Cola Co has become the latest global firm to drop its high profile celebrity brand ambassador in favour of a younger model.
According to The Economic Times, Coca-Cola decided not to renew its brand endorsement contract with Aamir Khan, who has been the face of the brand in India for some ten years. It seems the soft drinks giant is on the lookout for a younger face to connect with the young target market of brand Coke.
Two years ago, PepsiCo made a similar move when it dropped Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, replacing him with a much younger Ranbir Kapoor as the ambassador of brand Pepsi.
While nothing has yet been confirmed, if it is 'young' that Coca-Cola is indeed looking for, how long before we see Justin Bieber as the new face of Coke...?
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads