Blog: Aamir Khan too old for Coke?
Michelle Russell | 28 February 2011
The Coca-Cola Co has become the latest global firm to drop its high profile celebrity brand ambassador in favour of a younger model.
According to The Economic Times, Coca-Cola decided not to renew its brand endorsement contract with Aamir Khan, who has been the face of the brand in India for some ten years. It seems the soft drinks giant is on the lookout for a younger face to connect with the young target market of brand Coke.
Two years ago, PepsiCo made a similar move when it dropped Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, replacing him with a much younger Ranbir Kapoor as the ambassador of brand Pepsi.
While nothing has yet been confirmed, if it is 'young' that Coca-Cola is indeed looking for, how long before we see Justin Bieber as the new face of Coke...?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends