Blog: Aamir Khan too old for Coke?
Michelle Russell | 28 February 2011
The Coca-Cola Co has become the latest global firm to drop its high profile celebrity brand ambassador in favour of a younger model.
According to The Economic Times, Coca-Cola decided not to renew its brand endorsement contract with Aamir Khan, who has been the face of the brand in India for some ten years. It seems the soft drinks giant is on the lookout for a younger face to connect with the young target market of brand Coke.
Two years ago, PepsiCo made a similar move when it dropped Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, replacing him with a much younger Ranbir Kapoor as the ambassador of brand Pepsi.
While nothing has yet been confirmed, if it is 'young' that Coca-Cola is indeed looking for, how long before we see Justin Bieber as the new face of Coke...?
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk