Blog: Aamir Khan too old for Coke?
Michelle Russell | 28 February 2011
The Coca-Cola Co has become the latest global firm to drop its high profile celebrity brand ambassador in favour of a younger model.
According to The Economic Times, Coca-Cola decided not to renew its brand endorsement contract with Aamir Khan, who has been the face of the brand in India for some ten years. It seems the soft drinks giant is on the lookout for a younger face to connect with the young target market of brand Coke.
Two years ago, PepsiCo made a similar move when it dropped Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, replacing him with a much younger Ranbir Kapoor as the ambassador of brand Pepsi.
While nothing has yet been confirmed, if it is 'young' that Coca-Cola is indeed looking for, how long before we see Justin Bieber as the new face of Coke...?
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer