Blog: A reminder to get your water in
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2015
Today is the tenth anniversary of World Kidney Day.
No, nor me.
Jointly organised by the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF), the theme this year is 'Kidney Health for All'.
“With 10% of the population worldwide having some form of kidney damage, there is a long road ahead to raise awareness about the dangers of kidney disease,” the two organisations wrote this week. “Chronic Kidney Disease, which is predicted to increase by 17% over the next decade, is now recognised by the World Health Organisation … as a global public health issue.
“On 12 March, we invite the whole civil society, governments, health professionals and patients to drink to their kidneys and to give a glass of water to their families, friends and co-worker.”
I bring this to your attention, dear drinks industry, because I'd assume that those of you who work on the alcohol side probably don't drink as much water as you should.
So, go on, if only for World Kidney Day, drink a half-litre of water.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the nation-wide launch of US beer brand Bud Light....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends