Blog: A reminder to get your water in
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2015
Today is the tenth anniversary of World Kidney Day.
No, nor me.
Jointly organised by the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF), the theme this year is 'Kidney Health for All'.
“With 10% of the population worldwide having some form of kidney damage, there is a long road ahead to raise awareness about the dangers of kidney disease,” the two organisations wrote this week. “Chronic Kidney Disease, which is predicted to increase by 17% over the next decade, is now recognised by the World Health Organisation … as a global public health issue.
“On 12 March, we invite the whole civil society, governments, health professionals and patients to drink to their kidneys and to give a glass of water to their families, friends and co-worker.”
I bring this to your attention, dear drinks industry, because I'd assume that those of you who work on the alcohol side probably don't drink as much water as you should.
So, go on, if only for World Kidney Day, drink a half-litre of water.
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with Bulldog Gin Co's founder & CEO, Anshuman Vohra, we looked at the birth and rise of the brand. In part two, Vohra considers the wider gin segment, Bulld...
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends