Blog: A reminder to get your water in
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2015
Today is the tenth anniversary of World Kidney Day.
No, nor me.
Jointly organised by the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF), the theme this year is 'Kidney Health for All'.
“With 10% of the population worldwide having some form of kidney damage, there is a long road ahead to raise awareness about the dangers of kidney disease,” the two organisations wrote this week. “Chronic Kidney Disease, which is predicted to increase by 17% over the next decade, is now recognised by the World Health Organisation … as a global public health issue.
“On 12 March, we invite the whole civil society, governments, health professionals and patients to drink to their kidneys and to give a glass of water to their families, friends and co-worker.”
I bring this to your attention, dear drinks industry, because I'd assume that those of you who work on the alcohol side probably don't drink as much water as you should.
So, go on, if only for World Kidney Day, drink a half-litre of water.
Philip Gregan, the CEO of trade organisation New Zealand Winegrowers was in London this week for the country's annual UK trade tasting. He sat down with just-drinks to talk Brexit, Trump and the futur...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits