Blog: A reminder to get your water in
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2015
Today is the tenth anniversary of World Kidney Day.
No, nor me.
Jointly organised by the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF), the theme this year is 'Kidney Health for All'.
“With 10% of the population worldwide having some form of kidney damage, there is a long road ahead to raise awareness about the dangers of kidney disease,” the two organisations wrote this week. “Chronic Kidney Disease, which is predicted to increase by 17% over the next decade, is now recognised by the World Health Organisation … as a global public health issue.
“On 12 March, we invite the whole civil society, governments, health professionals and patients to drink to their kidneys and to give a glass of water to their families, friends and co-worker.”
I bring this to your attention, dear drinks industry, because I'd assume that those of you who work on the alcohol side probably don't drink as much water as you should.
So, go on, if only for World Kidney Day, drink a half-litre of water.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Earlier this week, US trade body the Brewers Association released its craft beer volumes and sales figures in the country for 2016. Here, just-drinks provides an overview of the craft beer sector in t...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Recent research by Euromonitor International into the health & wellness trend in soft drinks shows that the description of 'natural' is very much a self-governed practice: There is not yet any conclus...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends