Blog: A pint - a pint. My kingdom for a pint!
Olly Wehring | 23 April 2009
A London pub has offered a helping hand to customers struggling with the recession by hosting a ‘Barter-for-Beer’.
Dawn Kolpin, landlady of The Marksman pub in Shoreditch, East London, has started to accept goods and services in exchange for beers to help its punters through the credit crunch.
“It could solve the credit crunch at a stroke”, said Kolpin “It’s amazing what you can buy for a pint of beer.”
Her list of wanted items ranges from CDs to reams of papers.
Drinkers can even provide services such as tuning the pub's piano as payment for starters and drinks.
“I’ll consider any offer that might make the pub better”, said Kolpin.
I wonder how many women might decide to take their hubbies along….for a nice pint of course.
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites