Blog: A pint - a pint. My kingdom for a pint!
Olly Wehring | 23 April 2009
A London pub has offered a helping hand to customers struggling with the recession by hosting a ‘Barter-for-Beer’.
Dawn Kolpin, landlady of The Marksman pub in Shoreditch, East London, has started to accept goods and services in exchange for beers to help its punters through the credit crunch.
“It could solve the credit crunch at a stroke”, said Kolpin “It’s amazing what you can buy for a pint of beer.”
Her list of wanted items ranges from CDs to reams of papers.
Drinkers can even provide services such as tuning the pub's piano as payment for starters and drinks.
“I’ll consider any offer that might make the pub better”, said Kolpin.
I wonder how many women might decide to take their hubbies along….for a nice pint of course.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends