Blog: A pint - a pint. My kingdom for a pint!
Olly Wehring | 23 April 2009
A London pub has offered a helping hand to customers struggling with the recession by hosting a ‘Barter-for-Beer’.
Dawn Kolpin, landlady of The Marksman pub in Shoreditch, East London, has started to accept goods and services in exchange for beers to help its punters through the credit crunch.
“It could solve the credit crunch at a stroke”, said Kolpin “It’s amazing what you can buy for a pint of beer.”
Her list of wanted items ranges from CDs to reams of papers.
Drinkers can even provide services such as tuning the pub's piano as payment for starters and drinks.
“I’ll consider any offer that might make the pub better”, said Kolpin.
I wonder how many women might decide to take their hubbies along….for a nice pint of course.
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory