Blog: A pint - a pint. My kingdom for a pint!
Olly Wehring | 23 April 2009
A London pub has offered a helping hand to customers struggling with the recession by hosting a ‘Barter-for-Beer’.
Dawn Kolpin, landlady of The Marksman pub in Shoreditch, East London, has started to accept goods and services in exchange for beers to help its punters through the credit crunch.
“It could solve the credit crunch at a stroke”, said Kolpin “It’s amazing what you can buy for a pint of beer.”
Her list of wanted items ranges from CDs to reams of papers.
Drinkers can even provide services such as tuning the pub's piano as payment for starters and drinks.
“I’ll consider any offer that might make the pub better”, said Kolpin.
I wonder how many women might decide to take their hubbies along….for a nice pint of course.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research