Blog: A pint - a pint. My kingdom for a pint!
Olly Wehring | 23 April 2009
A London pub has offered a helping hand to customers struggling with the recession by hosting a ‘Barter-for-Beer’.
Dawn Kolpin, landlady of The Marksman pub in Shoreditch, East London, has started to accept goods and services in exchange for beers to help its punters through the credit crunch.
“It could solve the credit crunch at a stroke”, said Kolpin “It’s amazing what you can buy for a pint of beer.”
Her list of wanted items ranges from CDs to reams of papers.
Drinkers can even provide services such as tuning the pub's piano as payment for starters and drinks.
“I’ll consider any offer that might make the pub better”, said Kolpin.
I wonder how many women might decide to take their hubbies along….for a nice pint of course.
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers stepped up a notch this week after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water”....
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018