Blog: A new demographic for drinks firms feeling a bit ruff?
James Wilmore | 11 February 2014
An exciting new market is fast-emerging for drinks companies.
Thankfully, the demographic is not that discerning and unlikely to voice their opinions on Twitter. Yes... it's dogs.
Yappy Hour Vineyard's brands are apparently going down a storm in Miami's Doggie Bag cafe, according to Time magazine. Varities include "Bark-deaux," "Char-dog-nay," "Grrrr-lot," "Pinot Tail-io" and, for cats partial to the grape, "Mos-cat-o."
You'll be glad to hear the products aren't alcoholic, as it can poison animals.
I'll avoid making a joke about it sounding like a shaggy-dog story... doh!
The Union des Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône has readied the launch of the first sparkling expression of its Les Dauphins wine brand....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets