Blog: A new demographic for drinks firms feeling a bit ruff?
James Wilmore | 11 February 2014
An exciting new market is fast-emerging for drinks companies.
Thankfully, the demographic is not that discerning and unlikely to voice their opinions on Twitter. Yes... it's dogs.
Yappy Hour Vineyard's brands are apparently going down a storm in Miami's Doggie Bag cafe, according to Time magazine. Varities include "Bark-deaux," "Char-dog-nay," "Grrrr-lot," "Pinot Tail-io" and, for cats partial to the grape, "Mos-cat-o."
You'll be glad to hear the products aren't alcoholic, as it can poison animals.
I'll avoid making a joke about it sounding like a shaggy-dog story... doh!
Stubbornly high release prices from Bordeaux's chateaux in recent years have put huge pressure on merchants and negociants alike. Chris Losh asks, what's gone wrong with en primeur?...
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future