Blog: A new demographic for drinks firms feeling a bit ruff?
James Wilmore | 11 February 2014
An exciting new market is fast-emerging for drinks companies.
Thankfully, the demographic is not that discerning and unlikely to voice their opinions on Twitter. Yes... it's dogs.
Yappy Hour Vineyard's brands are apparently going down a storm in Miami's Doggie Bag cafe, according to Time magazine. Varities include "Bark-deaux," "Char-dog-nay," "Grrrr-lot," "Pinot Tail-io" and, for cats partial to the grape, "Mos-cat-o."
You'll be glad to hear the products aren't alcoholic, as it can poison animals.
I'll avoid making a joke about it sounding like a shaggy-dog story... doh!
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report