Blog: A new born just-drinks, a new born Brook Carter
Olly Wehring | 29 March 2006
It gives me tremendous pleasure to announce a new addition to the just-drinks family... of sorts.
This morning, at 0800 our esteemed former editor - and now group news editor - Chris Brook Carter, and his wife, Abby, welcomed baby Jack into the world.
At 8lb 15oz, Jack is probably set to follow his father on the rugby field, although if someone can make a laptop small enough, there's nothing to say he couldn't help out on this esteemed organ some time soon.
Congratulations to you both, Abby & Chris, from the just-drinks team.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours