Blog: A meaty Malbec? Pernod Ricard uncorks Graffigna 'London Steak Awards'
James Wilmore | 6 March 2015
Winner of the London Steak Awards will be announced in May
Perhaps because it's a Friday and I'm a bit hungry, but Pernod Ricard's idea to launch a 'London Steak Awards' backed by its Argentinian wine brand Graffigna seems like clever marketing.
The company is asking the city's carnivores to nominate their favourite steak restaurants, via Facebook and the hashtag #meatymalbec. A panel of judges (can I be one?) will then visit four short-listed eateries, with the winner announced on 18 May.
A quick glance at Twitter shows that people have already been voicing their opinion on who should win. After all, everyone has an opinion on food, don't they? Meanwhile, Graffigna gets a nice little plug with every tweet.
For the record, Hawksmoor's Covent Garden outlet gets my vote.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
Diageo has continued investing in Australian rum brand Bundaberg with a packaging overhaul ahead of the Summer....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends