Blog: A lake of Courvoisier
Chris Mercer | 10 December 2009
Courvoisier has teamed up with budding artist duo Bompas & Parr to create a 4,000-litre swimming pool of Courvoisier Cognac cocktail.
Part of a London building was this week flooded with the cocktail, which used Courvoisier Exclusif (not even the cheap stuff...) and largely cranberry and pomegranate juice to create "The Emperor's Shrub" cocktail - created by Joe McCanta.
"We've spent six months working with [London university] UCL to establish how to turn a building into a punch bowl," said Bompas & Parr.
The result can serve one cocktail to around 25,000 people.
Those who came to view the Punchbowl were invited to float around on the surface on a giant orange slice.
We promise we have not been taking drugs. Here is Blur band member Alex James to prove it...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery