Blog: A lake of Courvoisier
Chris Mercer | 10 December 2009
Courvoisier has teamed up with budding artist duo Bompas & Parr to create a 4,000-litre swimming pool of Courvoisier Cognac cocktail.
Part of a London building was this week flooded with the cocktail, which used Courvoisier Exclusif (not even the cheap stuff...) and largely cranberry and pomegranate juice to create "The Emperor's Shrub" cocktail - created by Joe McCanta.
"We've spent six months working with [London university] UCL to establish how to turn a building into a punch bowl," said Bompas & Parr.
The result can serve one cocktail to around 25,000 people.
Those who came to view the Punchbowl were invited to float around on the surface on a giant orange slice.
We promise we have not been taking drugs. Here is Blur band member Alex James to prove it...
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends