Blog: A lake of Courvoisier
Chris Mercer | 10 December 2009
Courvoisier has teamed up with budding artist duo Bompas & Parr to create a 4,000-litre swimming pool of Courvoisier Cognac cocktail.
Part of a London building was this week flooded with the cocktail, which used Courvoisier Exclusif (not even the cheap stuff...) and largely cranberry and pomegranate juice to create "The Emperor's Shrub" cocktail - created by Joe McCanta.
"We've spent six months working with [London university] UCL to establish how to turn a building into a punch bowl," said Bompas & Parr.
The result can serve one cocktail to around 25,000 people.
Those who came to view the Punchbowl were invited to float around on the surface on a giant orange slice.
We promise we have not been taking drugs. Here is Blur band member Alex James to prove it...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends