Blog: A lake of Courvoisier
Chris Mercer | 10 December 2009
Courvoisier has teamed up with budding artist duo Bompas & Parr to create a 4,000-litre swimming pool of Courvoisier Cognac cocktail.
Part of a London building was this week flooded with the cocktail, which used Courvoisier Exclusif (not even the cheap stuff...) and largely cranberry and pomegranate juice to create "The Emperor's Shrub" cocktail - created by Joe McCanta.
"We've spent six months working with [London university] UCL to establish how to turn a building into a punch bowl," said Bompas & Parr.
The result can serve one cocktail to around 25,000 people.
Those who came to view the Punchbowl were invited to float around on the surface on a giant orange slice.
We promise we have not been taking drugs. Here is Blur band member Alex James to prove it...
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends