Blog: A lake of Courvoisier
Chris Mercer | 10 December 2009
Courvoisier has teamed up with budding artist duo Bompas & Parr to create a 4,000-litre swimming pool of Courvoisier Cognac cocktail.
Part of a London building was this week flooded with the cocktail, which used Courvoisier Exclusif (not even the cheap stuff...) and largely cranberry and pomegranate juice to create "The Emperor's Shrub" cocktail - created by Joe McCanta.
"We've spent six months working with [London university] UCL to establish how to turn a building into a punch bowl," said Bompas & Parr.
The result can serve one cocktail to around 25,000 people.
Those who came to view the Punchbowl were invited to float around on the surface on a giant orange slice.
We promise we have not been taking drugs. Here is Blur band member Alex James to prove it...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends