Blog: A just-drinks editor's job is never done...
Olly Wehring | 11 October 2007
Oh, how my friends and family envy my job. Jetting off to exotic places. Drinking the very finest the drinks industry has to offer. Getting paid for it.
Ah, yes, 'tis the life for me.
Well, of course, I only tell them the fun bits. Little do they know the hard work that goes into producing the quality that is just-drinks.
You want proof? A trip late last month to the Douro valley in Portugal with Quinto da Noval STILL didn't stop me working hard for you folk.
And here's the proof...
Persuading shareholders to back investment in the wine business can be a tricky challenge but AXA Millesimes has shown that if the business model is right, shareholders will embrace the idea. In this ...
It has been about two years since Heineken sponsored the 23rd James Bond movie, Skyfall. Remember when the brewer scored a huge marketing coup by arranging a scene in which the British super spy takes...
Part of a sainted tradition or a waste of a perfectly good whisky? That was the question some may have been asking when Queen Elizabeth II launched the Royal Navy's newest vessel in Scotland today (4 ...
Insomniac radio listeners may have heard me on the BBC World Service this morning, discussing the launch of baijiu in the US....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video