Blog: A good book and a glass of wine - Keeping marketing simple
Lucy Britner | 24 September 2015
Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that are the most satisfying. Like a good book and a decent glass of wine...
And, sometimes it's the simplest of marketing initiatives that are the most effective - like the latest initiative from book publisher Harlequin. The company has teamed up with California's Vintage Wine Estates to launch three wines. Vintages by Harlequin features a Chardonnay, a Cabernet Sauvignon and a red blend for US$14.95 each.
The idea of a publisher launching a wine might seem a bit weird but take a look at where they are selling it - exclusively on Amazon.com. You could pick one up at the same time as you buy your next book, perhaps?
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Diageo's Australian unit has launched an advertising campaign to support the launch of new RTD Bundaberg Rum Lazy Bear. ...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
Reh Kendermann has launched two German wines, including a Sauvignon Blanc, in the UK on-premise, targeting shoppers in two of the country's larger supermarket chains....
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends