Blog: A good book and a glass of wine - Keeping marketing simple
Lucy Britner | 24 September 2015
Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that are the most satisfying. Like a good book and a decent glass of wine...
And, sometimes it's the simplest of marketing initiatives that are the most effective - like the latest initiative from book publisher Harlequin. The company has teamed up with California's Vintage Wine Estates to launch three wines. Vintages by Harlequin features a Chardonnay, a Cabernet Sauvignon and a red blend for US$14.95 each.
The idea of a publisher launching a wine might seem a bit weird but take a look at where they are selling it - exclusively on Amazon.com. You could pick one up at the same time as you buy your next book, perhaps?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
Experts have said drinks and brands that do not centre around one gender will drive future trends, as modern consumers look to avoid stereotypes. ...
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends