Blog: A glowing report
Chris Brook-Carter | 23 March 2004
Like waiting for a bus, controversy in the bottled water has been scarce in recent months, only for several ‘scandals’ to rear their heads at once. A report in the New Scientist this week shows that Hungarian brands of bottled water are now getting in on the action.
The report says that some Hungarian brands of life juice contain so much natural radioactivity that regular drinkers could exceed the World Health Organisation’s safety limit. A study by scientists from the University of Veszprem in Hungary found high levels of radium-226 in three out of 18 commercial mineral waters. People drinking a litre or more a day could breach the limit of 100 microsieverts a year recommended for drinking water, by the WHO, they say.
The lead author of the study, Tibor Kovacs, recommends that people avoid drinking the most radioactive water, and stick with tap water.
Next month, the UK’s Food Standards Agency will issue a survey of 161 named brands of bottled water from across Europe. What are the chances of more traffic at the proverbial bus-stop, then?
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages