Blog: A glass of Cow Water - that'll cool you down
Olly Wehring | 12 February 2009
You know how it is – it's a hot summer's day, and you stagger out of the sun and into the kitchen, hunting out the ideal thirst-quencher. Beer? That won't help. Milk? Too claggy. Tea? You're not your mother.
Hey, how about a can of cow's urine?
According to a report out of India on The Times' website this week, that dream is inching ever closer to reality.
Om Prakash, the head of the fabulously-named Cow Protection Department of Hindu nationalist group Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, told the paper that 'Gau Jal' - meaning 'cow water' in Sanskrit - is currently undergoing laboratory tests. We can expect to try this awesome-sounding drink before the year is out, according to Prakash.
"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times.
Yes, yes. But what will it taste of?
I've tried plenty of gnat's p*ss in my time on just-drinks. Will Gau Jal taste like that?
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends