Blog: A glass of Cow Water - that'll cool you down
Olly Wehring | 12 February 2009
You know how it is – it's a hot summer's day, and you stagger out of the sun and into the kitchen, hunting out the ideal thirst-quencher. Beer? That won't help. Milk? Too claggy. Tea? You're not your mother.
Hey, how about a can of cow's urine?
According to a report out of India on The Times' website this week, that dream is inching ever closer to reality.
Om Prakash, the head of the fabulously-named Cow Protection Department of Hindu nationalist group Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, told the paper that 'Gau Jal' - meaning 'cow water' in Sanskrit - is currently undergoing laboratory tests. We can expect to try this awesome-sounding drink before the year is out, according to Prakash.
"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times.
Yes, yes. But what will it taste of?
I've tried plenty of gnat's p*ss in my time on just-drinks. Will Gau Jal taste like that?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends