Blog: A funny thing happened on the way to The Macallan...
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2010
Number two in our haphazard, (hopefully) long-running series of drinks industry travel-related anecdotes.
Here's number one, to ease you back in.
At Heathrow's Terminal 5 yesterday (15 February) en route to Aberdeen for a dinner at Edrington Group's The Macallan distillery, the tannoy kicks up:
"Would Mr Rasmussen, travelling to Copenhagen, please make his way to gate A6 immediately, as the 'plane is ready to depart."
Not that Mr Rasmussen, surely?
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch