Blog: A fruitful year for Vimto
Michelle Russell | 26 August 2010
Yesterday (25 August), Nichols announced that Vimto’s brand value has exceeded GBP50m (US$77.2m) for the first time.
The soft drinks firm said the brand is now “significantly outperforming the market", growing at a rate of 31.4% year-on-year in the last year alone. The success, Nichols says, is down to its GBP6m marketing investment for the brand, together with increased distribution and stronger household penetration.
The news is a further sign that big brands are clearly boosting soft drink sales in the UK. The UK soft drinks market grew by 2% in value in 2009, enough for sales in the on-trade to climb ahead of spirits to take the number two spot behind beer.
And with many major UK soft drinks firms churning out strong growth results, it's little wonder that soft drink sales in the UK totalled GBP8.5bn across all channels in 2009.
The major firms are clearly buoying UK sales, suggesting that consumers are sticking to the big brands that they know.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer