Blog: A fruitful year for Vimto
Michelle Russell | 26 August 2010
Yesterday (25 August), Nichols announced that Vimto’s brand value has exceeded GBP50m (US$77.2m) for the first time.
The soft drinks firm said the brand is now “significantly outperforming the market", growing at a rate of 31.4% year-on-year in the last year alone. The success, Nichols says, is down to its GBP6m marketing investment for the brand, together with increased distribution and stronger household penetration.
The news is a further sign that big brands are clearly boosting soft drink sales in the UK. The UK soft drinks market grew by 2% in value in 2009, enough for sales in the on-trade to climb ahead of spirits to take the number two spot behind beer.
And with many major UK soft drinks firms churning out strong growth results, it's little wonder that soft drink sales in the UK totalled GBP8.5bn across all channels in 2009.
The major firms are clearly buoying UK sales, suggesting that consumers are sticking to the big brands that they know.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World