Blog: A dog's life
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 December 2003
Innovation, the watchword of the soft drinks industry in the last two years, with Vanilla Coke, Mountain Livewire, Sprite Tropical Remix and now chicken and corn-flavoured water.
The latest offering in flavour extensions comes from Australia and is an effort to extend the packaged water segment into the pet food sector. Other flavours will include liver and bacon and beef.
Ten out of ten for lateral thinking to Andrew Larkey who came up with the idea for Dog Plus K-9 water, though one might question the reasoning of those who are purchasing it.
Larkey though dismisses any doubts over his product. "It's like a sports drink for dogs," he says. "Dogs get bored with plain water - they deserve variety just as much as people."
Larkey plans a similar line of drinks for cats, in roast chicken and pork flavors early next year.
People can safely drink it as well, apparently, although Larkey concedes it probably won't be a hit with humans.
That said he did confirm that he had developed "a bit of a taste for it myself".
Frank Sinatra liked a drink. He was famous for it. ...
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights