Blog: A dog's life
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 December 2003
Innovation, the watchword of the soft drinks industry in the last two years, with Vanilla Coke, Mountain Livewire, Sprite Tropical Remix and now chicken and corn-flavoured water.
The latest offering in flavour extensions comes from Australia and is an effort to extend the packaged water segment into the pet food sector. Other flavours will include liver and bacon and beef.
Ten out of ten for lateral thinking to Andrew Larkey who came up with the idea for Dog Plus K-9 water, though one might question the reasoning of those who are purchasing it.
Larkey though dismisses any doubts over his product. "It's like a sports drink for dogs," he says. "Dogs get bored with plain water - they deserve variety just as much as people."
Larkey plans a similar line of drinks for cats, in roast chicken and pork flavors early next year.
People can safely drink it as well, apparently, although Larkey concedes it probably won't be a hit with humans.
That said he did confirm that he had developed "a bit of a taste for it myself".
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts