Blog: A dog's life
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 December 2003
Innovation, the watchword of the soft drinks industry in the last two years, with Vanilla Coke, Mountain Livewire, Sprite Tropical Remix and now chicken and corn-flavoured water.
The latest offering in flavour extensions comes from Australia and is an effort to extend the packaged water segment into the pet food sector. Other flavours will include liver and bacon and beef.
Ten out of ten for lateral thinking to Andrew Larkey who came up with the idea for Dog Plus K-9 water, though one might question the reasoning of those who are purchasing it.
Larkey though dismisses any doubts over his product. "It's like a sports drink for dogs," he says. "Dogs get bored with plain water - they deserve variety just as much as people."
Larkey plans a similar line of drinks for cats, in roast chicken and pork flavors early next year.
People can safely drink it as well, apparently, although Larkey concedes it probably won't be a hit with humans.
That said he did confirm that he had developed "a bit of a taste for it myself".
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014