Blog: A Britvic Q&A, without the Qs
Andy Morton | 26 November 2013
Britvic, you would think, is a company that's worth analysts unpicking a bit.
Today saw the release of much-improved full-year results after a miserable 2012 hampered by bad weather and the recall of its Fruit Shoot brand. The company is also in the middle of a major cost-cutting plan that will close three of its UK and Ireland sites, while a concurrent expansion of its US franchising strategy continues apace.
All of which made it very surprising when, in the post-results conference call with investors and analysts this afternoon, there was a long, and slightly embarrassing, silence when it was turned over for questions.
No one, it seemed, wanted to ask Britvic anything. Either that, or the world's drinks analysts were still at lunch.
To put it into context, I've listened in to countless numbers of these calls, across the global beverage industry, and there has always been a few questions.
CEO Simon Litherland, who was fronting the call, took it in his stride. “Thank you very much everybody for listening in to the call,” he said after a slight hesitation. “And I wish you a good day.”
Till next time, Simon. Perhaps.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research