Blog: A Britvic Q&A, without the Qs
Andy Morton | 26 November 2013
Britvic, you would think, is a company that's worth analysts unpicking a bit.
Today saw the release of much-improved full-year results after a miserable 2012 hampered by bad weather and the recall of its Fruit Shoot brand. The company is also in the middle of a major cost-cutting plan that will close three of its UK and Ireland sites, while a concurrent expansion of its US franchising strategy continues apace.
All of which made it very surprising when, in the post-results conference call with investors and analysts this afternoon, there was a long, and slightly embarrassing, silence when it was turned over for questions.
No one, it seemed, wanted to ask Britvic anything. Either that, or the world's drinks analysts were still at lunch.
To put it into context, I've listened in to countless numbers of these calls, across the global beverage industry, and there has always been a few questions.
CEO Simon Litherland, who was fronting the call, took it in his stride. “Thank you very much everybody for listening in to the call,” he said after a slight hesitation. “And I wish you a good day.”
Till next time, Simon. Perhaps.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets