Blog: A-B InBev - filling in the gaps?
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2009
Anheuser-Busch InBev almost entirely glossed over its brewing operations in Eastern Europe during today's half-year results announcement.
Russia and Ukraine apart, where the group operates as Sun InBev, operations across the rest of Eastern Europe, which include Staropramen in Czech Republic, were given no mention.
Are they conspicuous by their absence?
just-drinks would have thought little of it, had there not been consistent newspaper reports in recent months that A-B InBev is looking to ditch most of its Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) assets.
The brewer reiterated today that it is committed to a further US$3.5bn of assets disposals, though naturally declined to say which are for the chop.
However, the brewer's relentless progress on cost savings and synergies means that it doesn't have to rush. A $7bn bridge loan due for repayment this November has been taken care of.
The brewer has a bit of time to garner interest, which may be a good thing judging by the most recent report on its attempted CEE sale.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends