Blog: A-B InBev - filling in the gaps?
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2009
Anheuser-Busch InBev almost entirely glossed over its brewing operations in Eastern Europe during today's half-year results announcement.
Russia and Ukraine apart, where the group operates as Sun InBev, operations across the rest of Eastern Europe, which include Staropramen in Czech Republic, were given no mention.
Are they conspicuous by their absence?
just-drinks would have thought little of it, had there not been consistent newspaper reports in recent months that A-B InBev is looking to ditch most of its Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) assets.
The brewer reiterated today that it is committed to a further US$3.5bn of assets disposals, though naturally declined to say which are for the chop.
However, the brewer's relentless progress on cost savings and synergies means that it doesn't have to rush. A $7bn bridge loan due for repayment this November has been taken care of.
The brewer has a bit of time to garner interest, which may be a good thing judging by the most recent report on its attempted CEE sale.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends