Blog: A-B InBev - filling in the gaps?
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2009
Anheuser-Busch InBev almost entirely glossed over its brewing operations in Eastern Europe during today's half-year results announcement.
Russia and Ukraine apart, where the group operates as Sun InBev, operations across the rest of Eastern Europe, which include Staropramen in Czech Republic, were given no mention.
Are they conspicuous by their absence?
just-drinks would have thought little of it, had there not been consistent newspaper reports in recent months that A-B InBev is looking to ditch most of its Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) assets.
The brewer reiterated today that it is committed to a further US$3.5bn of assets disposals, though naturally declined to say which are for the chop.
However, the brewer's relentless progress on cost savings and synergies means that it doesn't have to rush. A $7bn bridge loan due for repayment this November has been taken care of.
The brewer has a bit of time to garner interest, which may be a good thing judging by the most recent report on its attempted CEE sale.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends