Blog: A-B InBev - filling in the gaps?
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2009
Anheuser-Busch InBev almost entirely glossed over its brewing operations in Eastern Europe during today's half-year results announcement.
Russia and Ukraine apart, where the group operates as Sun InBev, operations across the rest of Eastern Europe, which include Staropramen in Czech Republic, were given no mention.
Are they conspicuous by their absence?
just-drinks would have thought little of it, had there not been consistent newspaper reports in recent months that A-B InBev is looking to ditch most of its Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) assets.
The brewer reiterated today that it is committed to a further US$3.5bn of assets disposals, though naturally declined to say which are for the chop.
However, the brewer's relentless progress on cost savings and synergies means that it doesn't have to rush. A $7bn bridge loan due for repayment this November has been taken care of.
The brewer has a bit of time to garner interest, which may be a good thing judging by the most recent report on its attempted CEE sale.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits