Blog: A-B InBev - filling in the gaps?
Olly Wehring | 13 August 2009
Anheuser-Busch InBev almost entirely glossed over its brewing operations in Eastern Europe during today's half-year results announcement.
Russia and Ukraine apart, where the group operates as Sun InBev, operations across the rest of Eastern Europe, which include Staropramen in Czech Republic, were given no mention.
Are they conspicuous by their absence?
just-drinks would have thought little of it, had there not been consistent newspaper reports in recent months that A-B InBev is looking to ditch most of its Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) assets.
The brewer reiterated today that it is committed to a further US$3.5bn of assets disposals, though naturally declined to say which are for the chop.
However, the brewer's relentless progress on cost savings and synergies means that it doesn't have to rush. A $7bn bridge loan due for repayment this November has been taken care of.
The brewer has a bit of time to garner interest, which may be a good thing judging by the most recent report on its attempted CEE sale.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends