Blog: 35+? Check. Lust for Life? Check. Affluent...?
Olly Wehring | 23 June 2006
I went to a Chivas Brothers’ tasting down at their London offices yesterday.
The Pernod Ricard unit’s flagship brand - Chivas Regal - seems very proud of itself at the moment, with last year’s total sales of 3.8m cases continuing its upward trajectory.
I couldn’t help feeling slightly inadequate as I left proceedings, however. All the talk of targeting affluent, 35+ consumers with a desire for life ticked all my boxes, I felt. Clearly, I thought, I’m just the type to live ‘The Chivas Life’.
Although the parting gift of a Chivas wallet designed to hold up to 16 credit cards convinced me that I still had some way to go on this front.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research