Blog: 35+? Check. Lust for Life? Check. Affluent...?
Olly Wehring | 23 June 2006
I went to a Chivas Brothers’ tasting down at their London offices yesterday.
The Pernod Ricard unit’s flagship brand - Chivas Regal - seems very proud of itself at the moment, with last year’s total sales of 3.8m cases continuing its upward trajectory.
I couldn’t help feeling slightly inadequate as I left proceedings, however. All the talk of targeting affluent, 35+ consumers with a desire for life ticked all my boxes, I felt. Clearly, I thought, I’m just the type to live ‘The Chivas Life’.
Although the parting gift of a Chivas wallet designed to hold up to 16 credit cards convinced me that I still had some way to go on this front.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends