Blog: 2008 - That's a wrap
Olly Wehring | 23 December 2008
Well, that's that for another year. And what a year it's been for us here on just-drinks. We've had an amazing 12 months, travelling the world and meeting the great and the good of the global drinks industry, while making many new friends (I mean, contacts) on the way.
Both Chris Mercer (our deputy editor) and I would like to thank all of you for your continued support in 2008, without which we wouldn't be here. It's been an absolute blast, and we both can't wait for 2009 - whatever it may bring for our industry.
just-drinks is taking a bit of a break now, closing for business at end of play today (23 December), but we'll be back, refreshed, raring to go and at least a few pounds heavier on Friday 2 January.
Happy holidays to you, dear reader. We'll raise a glass or 40 to you over the next few days.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research