Blog: 2008 - That's a wrap
Olly Wehring | 23 December 2008
Well, that's that for another year. And what a year it's been for us here on just-drinks. We've had an amazing 12 months, travelling the world and meeting the great and the good of the global drinks industry, while making many new friends (I mean, contacts) on the way.
Both Chris Mercer (our deputy editor) and I would like to thank all of you for your continued support in 2008, without which we wouldn't be here. It's been an absolute blast, and we both can't wait for 2009 - whatever it may bring for our industry.
just-drinks is taking a bit of a break now, closing for business at end of play today (23 December), but we'll be back, refreshed, raring to go and at least a few pounds heavier on Friday 2 January.
Happy holidays to you, dear reader. We'll raise a glass or 40 to you over the next few days.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign