Blog: 2008 - That's a wrap
Olly Wehring | 23 December 2008
Well, that's that for another year. And what a year it's been for us here on just-drinks. We've had an amazing 12 months, travelling the world and meeting the great and the good of the global drinks industry, while making many new friends (I mean, contacts) on the way.
Both Chris Mercer (our deputy editor) and I would like to thank all of you for your continued support in 2008, without which we wouldn't be here. It's been an absolute blast, and we both can't wait for 2009 - whatever it may bring for our industry.
just-drinks is taking a bit of a break now, closing for business at end of play today (23 December), but we'll be back, refreshed, raring to go and at least a few pounds heavier on Friday 2 January.
Happy holidays to you, dear reader. We'll raise a glass or 40 to you over the next few days.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends