Blog: 2008 - That's a wrap
Olly Wehring | 23 December 2008
Well, that's that for another year. And what a year it's been for us here on just-drinks. We've had an amazing 12 months, travelling the world and meeting the great and the good of the global drinks industry, while making many new friends (I mean, contacts) on the way.
Both Chris Mercer (our deputy editor) and I would like to thank all of you for your continued support in 2008, without which we wouldn't be here. It's been an absolute blast, and we both can't wait for 2009 - whatever it may bring for our industry.
just-drinks is taking a bit of a break now, closing for business at end of play today (23 December), but we'll be back, refreshed, raring to go and at least a few pounds heavier on Friday 2 January.
Happy holidays to you, dear reader. We'll raise a glass or 40 to you over the next few days.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends