Blog: 2004 - blimey, we're exhausted!
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 December 2004
And so this, the final blog of 2004, gives us at just-drinks the opportunity to wish everyone all the best for the festive season and to thank you all for your support over the last 12 months.
It’s been quite a year with acquisitions, innovation and growth continuing aplenty despite some tough market conditions. Indeed, consolidation within the wine industry has continued right into the last few weeks of this year, with the announcement earlier this week that Diageo is to buy the Chalone Wine Group. Going forward, analysts that just-drinks has spoken to see no let-up in the pace of consolidation into 2005 across all alcoholic sectors.
It’s been a tougher year for the soft drinks category, and Coke in particular. The increased awareness surrounding issues of health has driven a change in emphasis for everyone in the industry, but Coke has found it harder to adapt than most. Under new leadership, however, the company’s potential revival could be one of the top stories to follow next year.
We intend to shut up shop for the week between Christmas and New Year (unless you lot start buying drinks companies in that time), and we will be back, refreshed and raring to go on Monday 3 January, 2005.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range