Blog: 2004 - blimey, we're exhausted!
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 December 2004
And so this, the final blog of 2004, gives us at just-drinks the opportunity to wish everyone all the best for the festive season and to thank you all for your support over the last 12 months.
It’s been quite a year with acquisitions, innovation and growth continuing aplenty despite some tough market conditions. Indeed, consolidation within the wine industry has continued right into the last few weeks of this year, with the announcement earlier this week that Diageo is to buy the Chalone Wine Group. Going forward, analysts that just-drinks has spoken to see no let-up in the pace of consolidation into 2005 across all alcoholic sectors.
It’s been a tougher year for the soft drinks category, and Coke in particular. The increased awareness surrounding issues of health has driven a change in emphasis for everyone in the industry, but Coke has found it harder to adapt than most. Under new leadership, however, the company’s potential revival could be one of the top stories to follow next year.
We intend to shut up shop for the week between Christmas and New Year (unless you lot start buying drinks companies in that time), and we will be back, refreshed and raring to go on Monday 3 January, 2005.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends