Blog: 2004 - blimey, we're exhausted!
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 December 2004
And so this, the final blog of 2004, gives us at just-drinks the opportunity to wish everyone all the best for the festive season and to thank you all for your support over the last 12 months.
It’s been quite a year with acquisitions, innovation and growth continuing aplenty despite some tough market conditions. Indeed, consolidation within the wine industry has continued right into the last few weeks of this year, with the announcement earlier this week that Diageo is to buy the Chalone Wine Group. Going forward, analysts that just-drinks has spoken to see no let-up in the pace of consolidation into 2005 across all alcoholic sectors.
It’s been a tougher year for the soft drinks category, and Coke in particular. The increased awareness surrounding issues of health has driven a change in emphasis for everyone in the industry, but Coke has found it harder to adapt than most. Under new leadership, however, the company’s potential revival could be one of the top stories to follow next year.
We intend to shut up shop for the week between Christmas and New Year (unless you lot start buying drinks companies in that time), and we will be back, refreshed and raring to go on Monday 3 January, 2005.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits