Blog: 2004 - blimey, we're exhausted!
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 December 2004
And so this, the final blog of 2004, gives us at just-drinks the opportunity to wish everyone all the best for the festive season and to thank you all for your support over the last 12 months.
It’s been quite a year with acquisitions, innovation and growth continuing aplenty despite some tough market conditions. Indeed, consolidation within the wine industry has continued right into the last few weeks of this year, with the announcement earlier this week that Diageo is to buy the Chalone Wine Group. Going forward, analysts that just-drinks has spoken to see no let-up in the pace of consolidation into 2005 across all alcoholic sectors.
It’s been a tougher year for the soft drinks category, and Coke in particular. The increased awareness surrounding issues of health has driven a change in emphasis for everyone in the industry, but Coke has found it harder to adapt than most. Under new leadership, however, the company’s potential revival could be one of the top stories to follow next year.
We intend to shut up shop for the week between Christmas and New Year (unless you lot start buying drinks companies in that time), and we will be back, refreshed and raring to go on Monday 3 January, 2005.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends