Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
A recent study in Denmark tested the hypothesis that alcohol consumption, both observational (self-reported) and estimated by genetic instru...
In this month's Consumer Trends spotlight, Ben Cooper examines consumption itself and asks whether government statistics in the UK published...
On Thursday, two US senators sent a letter to the Department of Justice highlighting their concerns over Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed pur...
The US is widely regarded as one of the most important drinks markets in the world. According to a recent note from analysts at Bernstein, i...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
In the second part of this week's just-drinks interview with Accolade Wines CEO Paul Schaafsma, we discuss the role brands have to play in the wine industry, whether wine is more of an FMCG than a purist's playground and the secrets to successful marketing.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
eBay has linked up with mobile wine app Drync to expand its US online wine platform.
Almost two-thirds of US states have now banned powdered alcohol, as California moves closer to its own prohibition.
The Yalumba Wine Co has switched distributors in China after 11 years with Summergate.
Wine consumption in Italy rebounded slightly last year but the country dropped to third-equal with Germany in new global rankings.
Total wine imports to the US grew 5% by volumes and 2% by value in 2015 as premiumisation trends drove the category, a new study has said.
At a media breakfast in London, Pernod Ricard CEO Alex Ricard gave an interesting response to a question he's no doubt asked a lot.
This week, consumers in Ontario were able to go into a supermarket and buy beer.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends