Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
In November, the Indian Government passed reforms withdrawing the INR500 (US$7.40) and INR1,000 notes as legal tender in the country. The sn...
Wild fires hit the Chilean - and then global - headlines earlier this month. The subsequent damage to some of the country's vineyards may ha...
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported results for the first half of its fiscal-2017. Group sales rose by 4% in the six months to the end of...
The ISFAR recently considered a review paper on the effects of binge drinking on the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), noting that it pr...
Former Tesco wine director Dan Jago took over as CEO at UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd in 2015 and has since overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters. In part I of the interview, Jago discussed new changes to the company. In part II, the CEO talks about how he has no desire to chase the Millennial market, and reveals what keeps him awake at night.
In August 2015, UK-based Berry Bros & Rudd appointed Dan Jago as its CEO. Since then, the former group wine director at Tesco has overseen a period of overhaul at the near-320-year-old wine and spirits group. Late last month, just-drinks met up with Jago at BBR's London headquarters to learn more about the changes he has introduced.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global beer & cider categories. We have similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Wine supplier Australian Vintage has blamed Brexit currency headwinds for a sharp drop in first-half net profits.
South African wine's export value growth jumped ahead of export volumes' last year as producers focussed on premium bottled lines.
French winery Badet Clément has launched a range of organic wines from a vineyard it purchased in 2015.
UK drinks firm Kingsland has developed a range of British wines in white, rosé and sparkling rosé styles. The wines were developed to answer a need for "affordable, fresh tasting wine for spontaneous occasions", the company said.
Australian Vintage has launched its first New Zealand wine in the UK.
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour through their Anakena wine portfolio.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends