Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
A large study from Denmark was designed to test the hypothesis that women who increase their alcohol intake over a five-year period have a h...
Earlier this month, Kirin Holdings reported a marked slide in net profits on a 6.1% fall in sales from the first three months of 2016. Here,...
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari announced its first-quarter results, including flat sales a dip in pre-tax profits. Here, we take a look at t...
Declining raw material consumption in the UK is partially a result of better resource efficiency, while continued efforts to boost efficienc...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
The London Wine Fair, which opens today, will host a growing contingent of English wine makers keen to grab a share of a category that according to government figures has doubled production in the past five years. Many of them will be aiming to emulate the success of Chapel Down that, with its stock-market listing and equally-booming brewing operation, sits at the top table of English wine's new breed. In recently-released 2015 results, the company grew both sales and profits by more than one-third. The company also raised GBP1.7m (US$2.5m) in a crowdfunding project to build a new brewery for its Curious Brew beer brand.
Consumers are looking for more than great packaging and celebrity endorsement when it comes to choosing brands, a study has found.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
McWilliam’s Wines has followed its return to family control with the appointment of chairman Jeff McWilliam as its CEO.
Berry Bros & Rudd has confirmed the departure of its chief operating officer, just over a year after his appointment.
Germany’s Henkell & Co has taken full control of UK-based wine supplier and brand owner Copestick Murray.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is to relaunch the Blossom Hill wine brand in the UK as it eyes new, international markets.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise.
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China