Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
Ten years ago today, when the new Licensing Act came into effect in the UK, I was a cub reporter on licensed-trade newspaper The Morning Adv...
The Romanian wine industry is at the start of its own revolution. Families who previously struggled to get their properties back following C...
Late last week, Concha y Toro reported year-to-date figures that were boosted by a healthy third quarter. Here, we take a closer look at the...
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari posted a solid jump in nine-month sales and profits as developed markets outperformed emerging countries. Here...
In part two of this week's just-drinks interview, Ben Hulme, Lidl's head of beer, wines & spirits in the UK, discusses how the company has worked to change its reputation with both its customers and its suppliers, the role that brands have played - and could continue to play - and Minimum Unit Pricing.
As is often the case when meeting a person widely held to be “one of the most important people in the drinks industry”, Ben Hulme doesn't appear to live up to such superstar perceptions. Since joining Lidl in 2010, Hulme has progressed from its graduate trainee scheme to become the German-headquartered supermarket chain's head of beer, wines & spirits - a position he has held since June.
French wine company Bouvet Ladubay has returned to family control following Diageo's decision to withdraw from the category.
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has revised its targets for the years ahead, with sales between 2016 and 2018 expected to rise by 8% to 13%.
New Zealand wine company Delegat has entered the Chinese market through a newly-opened office in Shanghai.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Drizly has created the position of editor-in-chief and “chief cocktail officer” to lead the non-purchase content of its website.
ProWein has reported a 25% increase in trade visitors to its Shanghai event ProWine China.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Exhibition. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015