Wine: Latest news and analysis articles
Late yesterday, Chilean wine company Concha y Toro reported a healthy boost in sales and profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at t...
Observational epidemiologic studies relating alcohol consumption to health and disease have been remarkably consistent over many decades: li...
For years, they said it couldn't be done. In wine, the theory goes, if you're playing a volume game then you can't all of a sudden make the...
Today, Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) said its full-year net profits more than doubled, with net sales jumping by 20%. Here, just-drinks takes...
Since forming in 1978, privately-owned Halewood Wines & Spirits has quietly carved a niche in the UK's beer, wine, spirits and RTD categories, through the Lambrini, Red Square vodka and Crabbie's Alcoholic Ginger Beer brands. However, performance has suffered in the years following founder John Halewood's death. In the first of a two-part interview, group CEO Stewart Hainsworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor, Lucy Britner, about his vision for the group's future growth as well as Russian oligarchs and the company's recent stake purchase in The Pogues Irish whiskey.
Earlier today, Rabobank published a note looking at the likely effects on the drinks industry of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Francoise Sonneville, senior analyst for beverages at Rabobank and the note's author, spoke to just-drinks yesterday.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Concha y Toro has hailed a strong first half of 2016 as it toasts success across the board.
Alcohol trade bodies in the UK have said the government's safe-drinking guidelines fail to provide consumers with a complete picture.
Languedoc wine cooperative Les Vignobles Foncalieu has readied the launch of three new wines in the UK under the L’Instant Sud brand.
UK drinks company Conviviality has launched a tool to capture on-premise wine trends, through wine arm Bibendum.
South African packaged wine exports are surging in value despite volumes declines, suggesting that consumers are spending more on premium lines, new figures show.
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages.
Just-drinks in is the French wine making region of Languedoc for the 20th anniversary of Badet Clement, one of France's most active wine brand owners.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages