The on-trade: Latest news and analysis articles
Data company Nielsen CGA has released its first market report to compare the US on-trade with the UK's. Here are some of the key takeaways:...
Two key trends emerged at this year's Category Management Briefing in London last month: The rise of e-commerce and the importance of conven...
US spirits trade organisation the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) held its annual spirits briefing in New York yesterday. Here, just-drin...
With 2015 drawing to a close, just-drinks looks back at the stories that have made the headlines across the global drinks industry. Here, de...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
Scotland, already well-known for the quality of its whisky, is carving out a reputation as a centre of craft beer excellence. According to Nielsen data, craft beer consumers in Scotland drink more per head than almost anywhere else in the UK, and every year an increasing number of new breweries open to accommodate this thirst. Last year, there were 93 breweries in Scotland, the Campaign for Real Ale, says, with 20 of them opening over the past 12 months.
UK drinks company Conviviality has agreed to acquire wine firm Bibendum PLB as it continues to grow its presence in the market.
On-trade beer sales in the US have had a bad start to the year, with Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors hit hardest by declines, new figures show.
Warsteiner is releasing a limited edition red bock beer in the US to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot.
Altia and Brown-Forman have renewed import and distribution agreements in Sweden, Finland and Norway.
Sazerac Co's cinnamon-flavoured whiskey, Fireball, has topped a US poll that measures bartender recommendations.
Southern Wine & Spirits said today that it has created a new division, called Transatlantic Spirits, which will be responsible for driving Bacardi's portfolio.
The rules have changed. The goal posts have... gone?
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol industry's calendar.
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US