Spirits: Latest news and analysis articles
Yesterday's acquisition of single malt Scotch whisky producer The BenRiach Distillery Co is the latest signpost on Brown-Forman's path into...
A recent study in Denmark tested the hypothesis that alcohol consumption, both observational (self-reported) and estimated by genetic instru...
In this month's Consumer Trends spotlight, Ben Cooper examines consumption itself and asks whether government statistics in the UK published...
On Thursday, two US senators sent a letter to the Department of Justice highlighting their concerns over Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed pur...
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish whiskey industry he has inhabited for just over a year.
In the second part of this week's just-drinks interview, William Grant & Sons' chief commercial officer, Simon Hunt, discusses the growing role played by craft spirits, the group's core markets and future targets, and the thinking that allowed The Glenlivet to overtake Glenfiddich as the world's biggest-selling single malt Scotch whisky brand.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Almost two-thirds of US states have now banned powdered alcohol, as California moves closer to its own prohibition.
Brown-Forman has named its global brand director for Jack Daniel's as its new global Travel Retail marketing director.
Brown-Forman is set to re-enter the single malt Scotch whisky segment through the purchase of The BenRiach Distillery Co.
Bacardi has unveiled a new global campaign for Martini in the wake of the brand's packaging overhaul.
Destileria Serralles is to roll out a new range of single barrel rums under its Don Q brand.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving?
This week, consumers in Ontario were able to go into a supermarket and buy beer.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends