Spirits: Latest news and analysis articles
Samuel Johnson once said: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." What does that say about Diageo, Anheuser-Busch InBev and The Coca...
just-drinks, in association with The IWSR, presents this seven-part review of the Scotch whisky category. In part one, we look at how the s...
A large study from Denmark was designed to test the hypothesis that women who increase their alcohol intake over a five-year period have a h...
Tucked in to a trading estate in the Scottish county of Fife, beside a local dry cleaning firm and a rubber moulding factory, InchDairnie Di...
Earlier this week, UK drinks company Conviviality agreed to purchase Bibendum PLB for GBP60m (US$88.5m), in what the country's Wine and Spirit Trade Association CEO Miles Beale called a "potentially seismic deal" for the industry.
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish whiskey industry he has inhabited for just over a year.
The European Commission has put forward a regulation that would prevent drinks brands from refusing to sell to consumers in a foreign European Union member state, if a distributor is prepared to export the product.
Pernod Ricard has launched an e-commerce platform for the Malibu rum brand, as it looks to target 18- to 24-year-old consumers in the UK.
Halewood International has added a Raspberry Mojito flavour to its Caribbean Twist RTD range.
Ireland's Walsh Whiskey Distillery has signed a deal with Altia to make an Irish version of the Nordic company's blended Scotch whisky brand, Latitude.
Consumers are looking for more than great packaging and celebrity endorsement when it comes to choosing brands, a study has found.
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the spirits & wine categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and soft drinks & water.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise.
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends